Free Kicks & Corrners - Left Foot or Right Foot

Anyone got any tips?

Is it better to have a left footer tacking direct free kicks on the right?

I guess in swinging corners will need the opposite foot to the side they are being taken form. Out swinging corner will need a foot to match the side but what is better?

Depends on the players you have at your disposal.

I'm at Radcliffe Borough, so my options are limited.

One left-footer corner taker, to take corners at both sides.

Near-post if taken from the left, Far-post if taken from the right.

There's no right or wrong really.

It's all a lottery...

I suppose it's a matter of taste. I guess inswingers are more dangerous because you get the velocity boost going towards the goal, but consequently it's easier for the goalkeeper to claim as it's moving towards him, and it's harder to head in some ways because the ball is moving away from you. Outswingers may be less dangerous but it's easier to get a header on them because the ball moves towards the attacker; and it also moves away from the goalkeeper so the Flappyhandskis of this world may go for balls they can't reach.

You probably wouldn't want to place an outswinger to the far post, too, as it will go very close to the goalkeeper; and inswingers to players lurking outside the box may find it harder to trap and exploit the corner bug - I mean - shoot from distance, as the ball isn't really coming from the nicest angle in the world.

I prefer inswingers but that's because I always like having a very good corner taker, who can do the difficult corners for me.

Did you make a conscious decision to put the outswinging corner to the near post and inswinger to the far?

Yes.

Just seems easier that way, for people to get a good header in.

An outswinging corner to the far post might curl further out than required.

Anyone got any tips?

Is it better to have a left footer tacking direct free kicks on the right?

I guess in swinging corners will need the opposite foot to the side they are being taken form. Out swinging corner will need a foot to match the side but what is better?

I nearly always have kicks taken in swinging, purely personal preference. The exception is if the outswinging option is much better, say 3 points.

I don't think there's necessarily a "better" or "worse".

Archived