Player Interaction is too negative

I like the idea of the player interaction feature, however, I am finding the replies I can give are too aggressive and confrontational. As Valencia we have had a stuttering start to the 2nd season and one or two players hae come to see me about it. I tried to appease them, they disagree and end up demanding to leave as all my replies are confrontational.

What also annoys me is when 18 year olds come and see me, disagree and state they cannot work with me. I am the clubs manager. Even if they feel like that, they are well paid and should accept my decision. I can accept the likes of Balotelli being miffed off with me, but not every player who speaks to me.

My main point is that there are not enough ways to appease the players and if I take a hard line they just demand a move. This can't be right as the lack of harmony is now harming my season.

Every player in your squad hates you. Asking someone to "run forward more" or any PPM move and you get. "I don't think I can work with you anymore" "I think I will leave now before I say something I regret"

I mean geeze only a question mate. Why so sensitive? Not like I am asking your to nob your mother or something.

Then his moral drops to very poor and he thinks about leaving the club.

The whole point of INTERACTIONS is for managers, players to INTERACT. Not make it so it is impossible to say anything without getting a negative response. I don't want to even interact with players no more, rather leave it and hope they forget about it.

Asking players to tutor/ppm is like asking a giraffe to eat grass. They don't want to know.

Every player in your squad hates you. Asking someone to "run forward more" or any PPM move and you get. "I don't think I can work with you anymore" "I think I will leave now before I say something I regret"

I mean geeze only a question mate. Why so senstive? Not like I am asking your to nob your mother or something.

lmfao quality

It is getting frustrating. I put a promising U-18 player in towards the end of a lower league cup game he ended up scoring a goal. I was really happy so a few days later I had a private chat and told him he did really well in the last game. He told me he was confused and thought he played horrible. I told him something like "ok but I just wanted to know I thought you played well". Then he told me I should leave as the conversation wasn't going well???? Now he doesn't like me.

Yeah, there are a few similar threads out there. Basically, it comes down to the conversations being a new feature in FM11 and still needing a bit of tweaking. Currently it is very easy to **** off a player, and the choice of responses are too extreme. The unfortunate result is that small issues turn into major disagreements with players, and eventually transfer demands. Especially when it comes to asking a player to try a new move, a negative response should be able to be met with 'Ok, it was just a thought' rather than the equivalent of 'Look you piece of scum, do what I say or else!'.

Archived