FM 11 - Transfers and squad gelling

So, i have had a couple of decent runs with the likes of Udinese and Tottenham on the FM 11 demo, sorting out the tactics part of it pretty well i reckon.

However, on my stabs at short term success with Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday, i failed miserabely. I think the reason is the amount of new players i brought in on free transfers and loans. For the canaries i brought 7 new faces, for Owls i brought 9.

My question is - how many new players can you bring into club without suffering from poorly gelled squads? and, are players that have recently transferred to the club, but in the squad in the new game, also "gelling" ?

So, i have had a couple of decent runs with the likes of Udinese and Tottenham on the FM 11 demo, sorting out the tactics part of it pretty well i reckon.

However, on my stabs at short term success with Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday, i failed miserabely. I think the reason is the amount of new players i brought in on free transfers and loans. For the canaries i brought 7 new faces, for Owls i brought 9.

My question is - how many new players can you bring into club without suffering from poorly gelled squads? and, are players that have recently transferred to the club, but in the squad in the new game, also "gelling" ?

Would largely depend on there personalitys.

Would largely depend on there personalitys.

Yeah, and languages spoken, age (?) etc... but would be nice to have a number as a rule of thumb though.

Another question: is squad gelling tougher in lower leagues, as the players in general have worse attributes? (adaptability etc)

I think the number of signings is irrelevant but the amount of new players you put into your starting 11

E.g. You make seven new signings but only put 1 or 2 into the starting line-up each game, like 1st game a new CB and a new LM then next game the same new CB but instead of the new LM a new CM

If you limit the mixture of new and old in the starting 11 for a few months then after these few months you could add in a few more of the new signings.

Is that easily understood? I know what I mean but not sure if others will. Lol.

I read an interview with Arsene Wenger some time ago where he felt that bringing in more than 3 new players into the team over a season would effect the tactics, due to the new players not knowing passing systems and their new team mates. This was purely in regards to tactics though, not team spirit and such

Archived