After reading thread after thread of hysteria.....

....Here's my two issues that I have found with the demo.

Firstly (I think this has been mentioned before) when defending players stand off the opponents and let them drift past, sometimes the opponents knocks the ball to where the defender is stood by they just stand there as the player catches up with the ball and goes unchallenged.

Also I arranged a friendly as my team doesn't compete in the reserves league and at half time all my players had a rating of between 6.3 & 6.7 except the two players who had scored who had 7.2 & 7.4, the latter scored in the 43rd minute and was 6.2 before he scored. This (imo) needs looking at as I'm sure he didnt improve that much and if he was a 6.2 in the 43rd minute a 5 yard tap in doest warrant a 7.4 2 minutes later.

Other than that I can't see too much that doesn't work fine.

.... the latter scored in the 43rd minute and was 6.2 before he scored. This (imo) needs looking at as I'm sure he didnt improve that much and if he was a 6.2 in the 43rd minute a 5 yard tap in doest warrant a 7.4 2 minutes later.

goals are hard to come by - anyone thats in the right place, at the right time, did something right; and IMO deserves the credit :)

The match rating is a pretty blunt tool. I think it measures a player's impact on a game and goals obviously have the biggest impact. You have to look at statistics to get a feel for how a player was doing his job. (My central defender takes penalties, so he's well over-rated.)

As you say, if a player scores and only gets 7.0, he actually had a poor game.

Agreed Whoofe he does deserve credit but on this occasion he went from being one of my worst players (6.2) to being by far and away my best player (7.4) in the space of 2 minutes + injury time.

It's a minor complaint and won't be high on SI's list of priorities but in my opinion it's hugely misleading.

Archived