[Demo] Defenders standing and thinking before reacting?

So I have noticed a few things with defenders on crosses... They stand and think and react, which is fine but the process in which the players do so takes WAY TOO LONG. Going through mulitple matches I noticed it alot for the other teams, such as in friendlies. Over time, I just thought it was the lesser players on the other teams that I have been playing. Well now I am noticing it with my squad as well as my opponent. The midfielders on cleared balls wait up pitch for a bit, then slowly move back to defend. Defenders on crosses just look confused... either the ME is telling them to man mark or clear the ball, in which they do nothing and allows the attacker to score. About 9 of the last 10 goals I have allow is becuase of either of these 2 "issues" (crossing more then midfield waiting) It is really frustrating, considering I have a more defensive set up with a counter style and the ME just isn't letting me do that.

Anyone else noticing this, happens on corners too.

A cross got into my six yard area, and was picked up by an opposition striker. I *knew* a goal was coming, but not in this manner... the keeper stayed on his feet, and while walking on the spot, followed the ball as it dropped to feet of the striker, as he tapped it into the net from beside him. The keeper did nothing. I lol'd, opened Task Manager, and closed FM.

I'm noticing this alot.

- Keepers coming out far to early and into area's you wouldn't normally seem them come.

- Reactions are very very slow it seems for just my players. Roles reversed the opposition get the ball nice and early where as mine seem to pause for a couple of seconds before even reacting.

- Defenders seem content to just watch players run into space unchallenged when they have the ball with no real effort to go and close them down or even make them work for a couple of yards of space.

- Keepers judgement comes seriously in to question. They seem to misjudge most things, committing to corners they were never going to get to. Coming off their line to balls they are never going to get to. Shots that even sunday league keepers would gobble up no problem seem to find their way into the back of the net. The animations show them trying to take the ball into their chest (such the way you see them when the shot is heading right for them) when it's a least a foot or so either side of them making it just look stupid.

- Wingers when in space decide to shoot from stupid sort of angles instead of just laying it across for better placed team mates. It's happening constantly. Also they seem to delay too much also even when in space they let the defender get side on and force them out wide ruining quick counter attacks.

I don't blame every goal or missed chance on these things but it all seems off. These are the sort of things i don't even see in sunday league football, let alone top flight games so it's getting on my last nerve now.

Archived