Integrating new star players

Hi All,

I'm still on FM2007 chipping away with Walsall. Now a good top 5 prem team with lots of cash and have won the prem once and the Euro cup but have not been able to break into Europes elite.

An area where i seem to struggle is integrating new star players into the team. What is the general consensus:-

a) Break them in gently over the course of the season - e.g. sub appearances, 'easy' games at the risk of denting confidence and them getting hacked off with it !

or

b) Slot straight into the team and keep the faith ? at the risk of them not working out initially and losing confidence and upsetting the balance of the team.

Thanks.

When you say "Star Players" does this mean players that you have signed, or players you have had bought up through the ranks?

Either way, my advice would be to chuck them straight into the first team, and keep playing them, even if they have a few bad games, always takes a while for them to find their feet.

I mean players that i have blown a huge portion of my budget on.

e.g. i somehow managed to buy the star striker for Juventus who was top scorer in champs league (did not think i had a chance in hell of actually signing him).

The trouble is, he is playing ok - 7 in most games so far, but not setting the goal charts alight yet.

Keep faith. If his confidence is low though, you could put him in a few easy reserves games to get his confidence up. But usually I just keep playing them unless there is someone else who will do the job.

Archived