In FM11 if you sign an U-18 player from non EU...

Will you be able to ask him to come over or join early, knowing that he can't play until he's 18, a la Pato. I've also just read that Arsenal's new striker Wellington has been over training ahead of his january move when he turns 18.

Seeing as this happens in real life football I hope it'll be in the game, it should help to make the player more settled and used to the team before playing when he completes his transfer i'd have thought.

Will you be able to ask him to come over or join early, knowing that he can't play until he's 18, a la Pato. I've also just read that Arsenal's new striker Wellington has been over training ahead of his january move when he turns 18.

Seeing as this happens in real life football I hope it'll be in the game, it should help to make the player more settled and used to the team before playing when he completes his transfer i'd have thought.

I don't think we'll be able to do that as he is still under contract with his current club.

Well, how does it work in real life, this is supposed to be a sim after all. Once the signings agreed, perhaps you should have the option to take him there and then if you agree to take over his contract, but whatever the logistics are in real life should be what goes in the game.

Well, how does it work in real life, this is supposed to be a sim after all. Once the signings agreed, perhaps you should have the option to take him there and then if you agree to take over his contract, but whatever the logistics are in real life should be what goes in the game.

How often does this happen irl though? If it was a pretty regular occurance then I think that SI would put it in the game but if it only happens with some players then they wont bother.

I dont know of many under 18 transfers but these are certainly two of the highest profile ones especially Pato and it happened in each of these cases. I know he was older but didn't Thiago Silva also join Milan before he could officially play?

If it's able to happen and does so in the only cases I can think of at the moment, surely it's got to be in the game? After all if you've going to pay a lot of money you want to have as much involvement as possible in the player's development as quickly as possible imo.

Archived