Dutch league and non-EU players

I'm very curious if FM 11 will deal with the problem of non-EU players that are overwhelming the dutch leagues. I'm not complaining that dutch teams buy foreigners, but they have to earn € 7.750 a week. I think teams wouldn't sign them when a similar EU player wouldn't earn that much money. (it seems dutch teams don't take the minimum wage in account when negotiating with a player)

Even so, most teams will soak up their whole wage budget with one or two of these players and will get into financial troubles. As a result, their wage budget will drop further and causes a drop in quality.

Because it's not really a feature, I don't think SI will announce anything about this but maybe someone can tell me if this will change in the new FM. I know that Holland isn't the most important league but these unrealistic contracts spoil the fun playing in my home league.

I don't think SI will make any changes to this situation until there are some rule changes brought in by the Dutch FA. I think the only thing you can do until the Dutch bring in some rules themselves is use the official editor that comes with the game and make some new rules regarding non eu players yourself.

It's not the non-eu players I have problems with. They are also present in real life and so is the wage rule. Only thing I hope for is that dutch teams take in account if a desired players is worth that amount of money.

Wouldl you pay € 7.750 for a player that should earn € 1.000 when the wagerule wouldn't be present? I think you'd better buy a couple of eu-players. And so should computer-managed teams think.

Archived