Hey I have a problem here (iPod touch)

So I just saw the update to fix a few minor bugs posted in the app store and downloaded,now I go into the game and it comes up with the sports interactive logo screen like normal,then it crashes back to the desktop.the game was working just fine before the update. I even tried restarting my iPod and still the problem persists.

• SI Staff

When you say you restarted your iPod do you mean rebooted totally (hold down the on/off button until the 'swipe to power off' appears, then swipe and after it fully powers down hit the on/off again - it'll take 30 seconds or so to power up normally).

If you haven't done this then please try and do so - apart from that it might be due to a corrupt download, these are fairly rare but it does happen occassionally, in which case reinstalling the application normally sorts it out (apologies for any inconvenience but the installation and download system isn't under our control).

• SI Staff

Right I've installed it on the iTouch 2nd Gen I had to hand thats working fine, I've a vast collection of devices here so will go through them all one by one in order to verify general sanity on each of them.

If you can indicate the version of your device then I can try and check that one asap rather than just moseying through them. Also if possible can you indicate the operating system version you have installed upon it.

Tested so far :-

iTouch - 3rd Generation - 32Gb - iOS 4.0 - OKAY

iTouch - 2nd Generation - 16Gb - iOS3.1.3 - IN PROGRESS

iTouch - 1st Generation - 8Gb - iOS? - PENDING

iPad - Wireless - 16Gb - iOS3.2 - PENDING

iPhone - 3g - 16Gb - iOS4 - PENDING

PS - QA at both SEGA and SI have obviously been through all this during normal testing, but they're offline now so I'll run the tests again just in case.

• SI Staff
I'm having the same problem unfortunately, on my ipod touch 2g 32gb. OS 4.0.

I've tried the rebooting a couple of times to no avail. No luck with the redownloading/installing either

Thanks for the information - I would recommend people avoid downloading it until I post here in the morning just to be on the safe side.

Incidentally I've repeated the failure on one device here so far and verified that it works fine with the development build (so its likely either a slightly corrupted file being mounted for download or something 'odd' in the build) - I'll keep testing and see if I can determine the cause of the issue and work arounds or fixes asap.

I'm looking into it now and we'll resolve any problems found as promptly as possible (unfortunately because of the amount of music and rubbish I have on my devices its taking 5-10 minutes to sync up and test each one, but I'll get there - not like I need sleep or anything ;) ).

Archived