Does playing FMH on your Iphone use your MB usage?

• SI Staff
I played FMH on my new iphone 4 and when I checked my internet MB usage it appeared to have gone up. Is this correct?

FMHi doesn't contain a network game so unless so I'd expect its likely to be an application which you are running in the background on your phone?

For instance if you're running Pandora in the background listening to music then that will stream from the internet etc.

If you can indicate the size of the transfer you're seeing I'll try and 'guess' what sort of thing it is if that helps.

Finally I posted a brief summary about controlling multi-tasking on iOS4 here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/215663-iOS4-How-to-close-applications-fully

Hope this helps,

Marc

Thanks Marc. What happened was I played FMH for about half an hour in my "lunch hour" in work. Before the usage was approximately 732kb, afterwards it was 1.2 MB approximately. As far as i know there no other applications running in the background.

• SI Staff
Thanks Marc. What happened was I played FMH for about half an hour in my "lunch hour" in work. Before the usage was approximately 732kb, afterwards it was 1.2 MB approximately. As far as i know there no other applications running in the background.

Hmmm thats very strange - the game itself does no communication during play so it shouldn't be anything to do with that .... UNLESS you browsed into the SEGA Games area? .... that retrieves the list of games and suchlike from SEGA's servers and so might account for the data?

Hmmm thats very strange - the game itself does no communication during play so it shouldn't be anything to do with that .... UNLESS you browsed into the SEGA Games area? .... that retrieves the list of games and suchlike from SEGA's servers and so might account for the data?

I will try it again and see if I can replicate it. Thanks Marc.

Needless to say I couldn't replicate it. Which leads me to conclude either (a) I didn't exit an internet based app properly, (b) the Iphone was a little slow to update the usage (unlikely); or © I was just plain wrong (surely not!!).

• Administrators

Hi there,

Perhaps you have push notifications enabled - lots of apps use it, and Email too.

You shouldn't need to worry, if you are on private wifi you won't be using anything out of your data allowance. (By private, I mean like your home wifi, or work, or a friends' etc - even Starbucks with a Starbucks card).

I would recommend that you turn push off for none essential applications if you are on a network with limited 3G and wifi data allowance with the Cloud/BT Openzone.

Likewise, for email, instead of having that on constant 'Push'; have it to fetch (the less frequent the better).

Hope this helps.

• Administrators
Thanks Lucas, much appreciated, I will check later to see what I have enabled. Thanks again.

No problem. Post back here if you have any problems and I will try to help you further.

Archived