New Stadium

Your board may decide to build a new stadium if you are consistantly filling your stadium and you can't expand any more. You just have to ask them every year for an expansion and be patient!

Keep asking them to expand it. They'll only move if it's not viable to expand St James' any further (as expanding an exsting stadium is much more expensive than building a new one).

I don't imagine you will have to wait too long, as they can't expand the east stand or the gallowgate end, due to planning permisson (it's too close to houses). That's why St. James' is the funny shape it is anyway.

I don't know why you want to move stadiums anyway. It rips out the heritage and soul of a club when teams do this just to chase the money.

Especially at a club like Newcastle. In my opinion the main reason NUFC is famed for it's lively home support is that the stadium is a couple of minutes walk from the city centre. Most fans don't need to drive to matches, so can get sloshed in toon before matches. Don't move it to a slick out of town development, you'll loose it's soul.

I've got Pittodrie to 45,000 seats, and got Griffin Park to 30,000 and I'm well happy with it. Keep the club in the community!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

Keep asking them to expand it. They'll only move if it's not viable to expand St James' any further (as expanding an exsting stadium is much more expensive than building a new one).

I don't imagine you will have to wait too long, as they can't expand the east stand or the gallowgate end, due to planning permisson (it's too close to houses). That's why St. James' is the funny shape it is anyway.

I don't know why you want to move stadiums anyway. It rips out the heritage and soul of a club when teams do this just to chase the money.

Especially at a club like Newcastle. In my opinion the main reason NUFC is famed for it's lively home support is that the stadium is a couple of minutes walk from the city centre. Most fans don't need to drive to matches, so can get sloshed in toon before matches. Don't move it to a slick out of town development, you'll loose it's soul.

I've got Pittodrie to 45,000 seats, and got Griffin Park to 30,000 and I'm well happy with it. Keep the club in the community! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, obviously expanding an existing stadium is much less expensive than building a new one icon_redface.gif

Thanks

I always ask to Extend then a few months later I get a email saying that the planning permission cant be approved .

But then 3 months after that they say I am getting an extension

So I hope if I get one

How does it work , do the Board just say we have dccided to build a new Stadium ?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">600 billion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine your exxagerating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say, this made me laugh so damn much.

Archived