Touchline shouts before the start of a match.

Irl, the manager can tell the team what to do tactics wise before the start of a game.

Yes in game, we also have a good range too. However, very useful tactics can only be accessed via the touchline shouts eg look for overlap, pump balls into the box, etc etc, but before they activate, the ball first needs to go out of play, by which time you sometimes find yourself a goal down.

For future versions can't we have something similar to these shouts that can be activated before a match actually begins. And maybe even a setting that can be saved for them, as I find myself pausing play before every match to tell my guys as soon as the ball goes oop the 1st time 'get ball forward', 'pump balls into box' and 'look for overlap' all of which wastes a lot of aggregate time just telling my guys what I want them to do from the outset.

Well you actually can do what each touchline shout does before the start of a match although you have to use the sliders. Instead of saying play wider, increase the width slider. Instead of saying get stuck in, set tackling to hard and so on.

Well you actually can do what each touchline shout does before the start of a match although you have to use the sliders. Instead of saying play wider, increase the width slider. Instead of saying get stuck in, set tackling to hard and so on.

Yeah, but there aren't any sliders that tell your guys at the start of a game to 'look for overlap' 'get ball forward' or its anti 'retain possession' or to tell them to pump balls into the box from the outset. At least not that I have found/understood so far.

The Tactical Theorems Guide explains what each shout does to the sliders.

Retain possession - shortens passing, slows tempo

Get ball forward - lengthens passing, quickens tempo

Look for overlap - does several things that I am not going to bother typing out

Those and all the other ones are described in that guide.

If you activate a shout in game, and then save the tactic, the shout will be saved.

Great, thanks v much guys for the info. Will def save after shouts activated.

Although some of the ones I was activating at the start wouldn't have made any difference anyway, as I play the highest tempo possible with long passes anyway, which effectively makes 'get ball forward' meaningless, unless it actually makes them play at super speed :p

Archived