(iPod touch) is this a bug?

Congrats on the national job :thup: go for the international unlockable now mat :D btw at the end of the WC on my game i got Ireland they Qualified and were knocked out in the Group stages without scoring or grabbing a point

Well If Portugal doesn't pass Uruguay for second in group A this sim they are gone. Also in my save England failed to qualify.

England seem to not qualify a lot on mine. also after that first world cup the squad goes very wierd....all the top english players dont get picked. i think a lot of the time welbeck ends up being the main striker. even rooney stopped making the squad for some wierd reason.

• SI Staff

Please bear in mind that with international selections in 'future' seasons its entirely debatable who'll stay in the team and for how long, most people thought Micheal Owen would still be in the squad for this world cup if you asked them about things at the end of the last world cup, similarly most people wouldn't have expected David James to be in contention for Englands keeper still ...

As for the England team calling up a player you haven't started yet - err Walcott last world cup ;)

Life can be just as strange as the game now and again ;)

(but I'll definitely be taking a look in this area and double checking its sanity again just to be on the safe side)

One thing I was surprised in seeing was who got fired from their international positions after the world cup in my game. Brazil got knocked out in the second round and their manager was safe and Argentina never made it past the group stage and not a peep was heard about their manager getting fired,seems kind of random.

England seem to not qualify a lot on mine. also after that first world cup the squad goes very wierd....all the top english players dont get picked. i think a lot of the time welbeck ends up being the main striker. even rooney stopped making the squad for some wierd reason.

After the real results, I am not surprised !!!

Yeah i have had that, two Huddersfield players (at the start of the game) always end up in the squad and when Rooney was 29/30 he was playing for Ipswich on my save

Is one of the Huddersfield players Alex Smithies? He always ends up becoming England's #1 in my games - quite early on sometimes, too. Give it to about 2013 and he's one of the best keepers in the game - I've got him at West Brom and regularly turn down £25-30m bids from United, Liverpool and City for him.

(not complaining about it as it's clearly a case of someone being given a high potential rating - just remarking that it's probably the reason!)

• SI Staff
Is one of the Huddersfield players Alex Smithies? He always ends up becoming England's #1 in my games - quite early on sometimes, too. Give it to about 2013 and he's one of the best keepers in the game - I've got him at West Brom and regularly turn down £25-30m bids from United, Liverpool and City for him.

(not complaining about it as it's clearly a case of someone being given a high potential rating - just remarking that it's probably the reason!)

To be quite honest I think that COULD easily happen - England are crying out for a decent consistent keeper in real-life at the moment, if an English keeper shows consistent form in the Premiership (or even half decent form at the moment ;) ) then he's instantly in consideration for the national team really ... I mean out of the chaps we've sent to the world cup this year none of them can realistically be said to be on the level of goalkeeper we used to have in David Seaman and co. imho.

To be quite honest I think that COULD easily happen - England are crying out for a decent consistent keeper in real-life at the moment, if an English keeper shows consistent form in the Premiership (or even half decent form at the moment ;) ) then he's instantly in consideration for the national team really ... I mean out of the chaps we've sent to the world cup this year none of them can realistically be said to be on the level of goalkeeper we used to have in David Seaman and co. imho.

Makes me wonder if this could be a problem for England against Germany.

Archived