How Can I Play With A Friend Over The Internet? Please Help!

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody help me please.

Basically me and a friend want to play the game together over the internet, but we are'nt sure how we do this so could anyone give me a step by step guide on how to do this?

Also can you save the game and come back to it?

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks! :)

Matt

The FM Online forum is your friend, but in a nutshell, one of you — preferably the one with the faster computer and connection — check the Run as Server checkbox under Network in Preferences, then start a new game. Once started, have the other player pick Join Network Game in the main menu, then Join Other Server, then enter the IP address of the person running as server and click OK. It will connect and the joining player will be able to create a new manager etc. The person running as server can save at any time.

You might run into problems finding the right IP address or connecting, in which case I'd recommend you both just get Hamachi Unmanaged (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/download.aspx), follow the simple instructions to get a network running on there, then use the Hamachi IP address to connect. Messing with port forwarding in routers and software firewalls tends to be a lot more tedious.

Archived