Youth Training: Bojan

OK, I just realised something odd.

I do not believe you can set players under 17 in England to do full training - they have to go on a youth schedule, correct?

Yet Bojan is 16 at the start of the game, and he can go on a full schedule. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just coded in for Bojan as he is a first teamer IRL?

OK, I just realised something odd.

I do not believe you can set players under 17 in England to do full training - they have to go on a youth schedule, correct?

Yet Bojan is 16 at the start of the game, and he can go on a full schedule. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just coded in for Bojan as he is a first teamer IRL?

Should be in the traiing and tactics forum for next time, but since you're new here are a few tips that should help you out:

1) In england, players under 17 cannot be on fulltiem training full stop as this is the age they can sign professional contracts, therfore age under 17 = youth training

2)Once they hit 17, if you leave them in the under 18 squad they will still only be on youth training, but if you move them to the reserve or senior squads you will be able to train them on full training schedules.

3) once they hit 17, you must offer them a permanent contract if you want them to have a full training schedule. If they have (yth) beside their name then they will not be able to have a full training schedule even if you move them to the reserves or senior squad.

Makes sense really, after all if a player is training with the under 18 squad in real life he will do the same training as the under 18s. As for Bojan, I do not know about that one. I doubt it is an exception made solely for him, probably more likely due to different rules in spain than england icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nojabold:

Makes sense really, after all if a player is training with the under 18 squad in real life he will do the same training as the under 18s. As for Bojan, I do not know about that one. I doubt it is an exception made solely for him, probably more likely due to different rules in spain than england icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What doesnt make sense in my opinion is the fact that you cannot have an under u18 player training full time and playing for the u18 team. You should be able to assign any professional player to a full time training regime and let them play for the u18 team. The game is needlessly forcing us to move 17 year olds to the reserve squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

What doesnt make sense in my opinion is the fact that you cannot have an under u18 player training full time and playing for the u18 team. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can! Move them to your reserves, then go to the under 18 scren. In the filter tick reserve to include them on the screen (for the under 18s) then put them in your team.

Same goes for the senior team, you can put reserve or youth players in your line up using the filter rather than moving them between squads

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nojabold:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

What doesnt make sense in my opinion is the fact that you cannot have an under u18 player training full time and playing for the u18 team. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can! Move them to your reserves, then go to the under 18 scren. In the filter tick reserve to include them on the screen (for the under 18s) then put them in your team.

Same goes for the senior team, you can put reserve or youth players in your line up using the filter rather than moving them between squads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you cant tell your AssMen to pick them, can you?

Its something thats irritated me aswell. My reserves are always full of 17-19yo not getting enough games!

Archived