Transfer budget - can i really afford him?

quick question, i am currently managing atletico madrid (i only managed two teams in fm10 - no time basically man city and juventus & money wasnt an issue for those two clubs) but for at madrid i am little concerned i did some maths and if my calculation is right if i spent my 90m euro transfer kitty by the end of the season i will be in negative by 70m euros i can only spend 20m euros to break even because i have some monthly instalments for next two years (40m a season) because i splashed out changing the whole squad 20 new players in over the last 4 seasons dzeko, reina, torres, vidic are the superstars i signed i won 3 la ligas and 2 champions league during that time. in my 5th season i want to go on another MAJOR shopping spree and add some more quality but i am worried about the money issue.

If i stay within my transfer budget and wage budget given by the chairman. There is no chance of busting right? if i continue winning? or is the budget given by the chairman to trick me into bankrupting the club like portsmouth? is he going crazy?

quick question, i am currently managing atletico madrid (i only managed two teams in fm10 - no time basically man city and juventus & money wasnt an issue for those two clubs) but for at madrid i am little concerned i did some maths and if my calculation is right if i spent my 90m euro transfer kitty by the end of the season i will be in negative by 70m euros i can only spend 20m euros to break even because i have some monthly instalments for next two years (40m a season) because i splashed out changing the whole squad 20 new players in over the last 4 seasons dzeko, reina, torres, vidic are the superstars i signed i won 3 la ligas and 2 champions league during that time. in my 5th season i want to go on another MAJOR shopping spree and add some more quality but i am worried about the money issue.

If i stay within my transfer budget and wage budget given by the chairman. There is no chance of busting right? if i continue winning? or is the budget given by the chairman to trick me into bankrupting the club like portsmouth? is he going crazy?

It's all a big trick by the chairman and he wants the club to go bust.

thanks,

i thought so too... because there was no way at madrid could afford to spend 90m in a season with 40m already owe to other clubs in instalments. i guess i can only stick with miguel veloso as a free signing this season, maybe add another centre midfielder javi martinez

Looking at Real Madrid, Valencia etc they dont care if they run into debt, if your winnning trophies Im guessing your chairman will be happy to take abit of a hit financially for the silverware.

This is where you prove your worth and the trust he has in you by keeping the club stable.

Looking at Real Madrid, Valencia etc they dont care if they run into debt, if your winnning trophies Im guessing your chairman will be happy to take abit of a hit financially for the silverware.

This is where you prove your worth and the trust he has in you by keeping the club stable.

i'm listed as the club icon, the chairman had me untouchable few times and current status is very secure and club prestige is full green bar. i managed 1st season to win la liga without no major signing. i really need to spend some money because rivals madrid is spending BIG this year, but really afraid the club might go insolvent because the club is in status of being sold & the club has a big loan debt 170m+ euro.

i find it very annoying that i am not able to negotiate individual tv deals that barca and real madrid have or lucrative sponsorship contracts that major clubs have. i only got a fat 7.27m euro sponsorship deal despite winning 2 champions league for the last 2 years. the finances part of the game needs some real work.

If your that well liked he will put the running of the club down to you, ie you over spend its your fault now. He has total faith in you to take the club forward.

I heard the TV deals in Spain are very much in the favour of Real and Barcelona something Im guessing you will have to live with.

If your winning leagues and champions leagues every year you get like £60m a season back anyway.

i only made a net profit of 10m euros with 8m dividends the season before chairman had to invest 43m euros to help the club finances. but cerezo is looking to sell the club to another director of the board and i find that rather discouraging because i wanted a foreign tycoon takeover if possible or a consortium not some 'regular' director taking over. i am unsure of his attributes as chairman. is he the type to sell players over my head or is he like cerezo to support me with $$$$.

If your that well liked he will put the running of the club down to you, ie you over spend its your fault now. He has total faith in you to take the club forward.

I heard the TV deals in Spain are very much in the favour of Real and Barcelona something Im guessing you will have to live with.

fair enough,

first time playing on the 10.3 patch. and loving every minute of it.

I think i would put interests of the club before my needs and just stick with what i have. see how my finances work out at the end of the season for next season.

yeh the tv deals such a pain :(

Archived