Player injuries

After almost 4 played seasons in FM2010 i´ve noticed something that i very much would like to have other peoples opinion about.

What i´ve noticed is that the players that are either your averagely best performing or scoring players or both is the ones that gets mostly injured.

Im sure its not always the case but i believe it to be very oftenly occuring.

Anyone else thinking the same? That those players are prone to injury?

Edit: i might add, recently great signings...

In my opinion a player to be the best he has to play games, hence he will be the most likely candidate for injury.

Just think about it your top goalscorer starts 80% or more of your games in a season, your bench warmer striker comes on mostly for 30 minutes so to say. Statistically the first choice ST (CM, GK,CB etc) has the highest possibility to become injured. Many games, training, pitch condition, knocks during games which accumulate (like in real life to), fatigue etc etc.

No. I'd very much like more longer term injuries.

It's way too easy for me to have a fairly settled team/squad and it makes it too easy in the long term.

All the big clubs have suffered long term or recurring injuries at some point this season and this is not accurately reflected in FM for me.

Archived