Whats Wrong with this game?

In my 10th season now. Have been with Sampdoria for the last 4. Have just won back to back ECLs and Seria A, throw in a Europa League and a couple of cups and I am rated still as "Continental" which I was before I moved from Cagliari.

Throw in the fact that NO top teams lose their manager, Chelsea for example haven't won anything in 9 seasons and still hold onto some nobody I've never heard of. Every international federation seems happy just to qualify for finals, which they all do, so there hasn't been a decent internationel job in years.

I've now won all I want to at Sampdoria but unless I want to move to Malaga, Gladbach or Lincoln it seems my FM game is going nowhere.

Anybody else experiencing these issues?

Oh dear that does sound very dull indeed. My current save has managers moving around all over the place (including some really daft appointments that would never happen in real life). Which FM are you playing and is it patched? (I'm sure it is but everyone seems to ask that when there's a problem).

FM10 patch 3

If its a version problem i will start a new game but would rather build on the success so far.

The other issue (as with previous FMs) is that not all vacancies are made public, or are filled before you know they're vacant so for example - you wait 20 years for Ferguson to retire (must have been around 96) and then boom - suddenly without any news item etc United have a new manager who'll win nothing but never get sacked.

Now into June 2020 and not one manager has lost their job since the season end! Not 1!!!!

Unusual, a lot of countries sack their managers after even semi-average performances at tournaments. As for the big clubs, they do tend to stick by their managers a bit, but not endlessly if its going wrong. Unless you subscribe to Man Utd you won't know that their manager has gone unless you are linked directly to it. With your rating not being world class, you won't automatically be linked to these jobs but you can't hope to have every mangerial position available made as a news item to you, otherwise when Lincoln sack their manager you find out, or when the manager of AFC Wimbledon retires, you find out.

The news is in the general news section, but not in your inbox so keep an eye on that lol. But, perhaps if you've used an editor of some kind you have slightly corrupted the save. A lot of clubs do get replacements in quickly, when Tottenham sacked their manager a couple of seasons ago, I was approached the day he was sacked not even having the news item to comment on speculation. I didn't take it, but basically it could have been a case of the manager being sacked in the morning, and me hired in the afternoon.

Archived