[iPod Touch] Battery life

Hi chaps

I put this on the end of the announcement thread, but thought it should maybe have it's own...

Had my first little play this morning. Looks good so far.

Just wondering, how are people finding the battery life situation? I started with a full battery, set up a game, picked a side, played one friendly, saved and quit (thought i should probably start work!!!). Noticed that my battery life indicator was showing only half. That was after about 15 minutes. That was on a top end Touch, by the way, 64gig v3.1.3.

What sort of play times are others getting? Slightly worried that i've got a battery problem now.

Hi,

Battery life is not an issue with my Itouch (1st generation 32gb latest software)

I can play for hours without major battery loss, I dont currently use the overhead game view.

I can leave it on with a game running with not issues.

Hi chaps

I put this on the end of the announcement thread, but thought it should maybe have it's own...

Had my first little play this morning. Looks good so far.

Just wondering, how are people finding the battery life situation? I started with a full battery, set up a game, picked a side, played one friendly, saved and quit (thought i should probably start work!!!). Noticed that my battery life indicator was showing only half. That was after about 15 minutes. That was on a top end Touch, by the way, 64gig v3.1.3.

What sort of play times are others getting? Slightly worried that i've got a battery problem now.

Hi,

Battery life is not an issue with my Itouch (1st generation 32gb latest software)

I can play for hours without major battery loss, I dont currently use the overhead game view.

I can leave it on with a game running with not issues.

Cheers fella. Sounds like i may have a problem :(

Cheers for the comments chaps.

It was full when i started, straight off a charge. No wi-fi connection, none available where i was. No music playing.

Not sure if i've 'cracked it', but i recharged and played a match with text commentary only, no little dots running around a pitch. It didn't make a dent on the battery life indicator, so maybe that's the answer?

Just need to drag myself away from trying to get Maidenhead out of the BSS on the PC for long enough to have a 'session' on the iPod as a test. Or maybe do both at the same time, just because i can :D

• SI Staff
How does it play on a 8 gb Touch? I am thinking about buying one. Does FM play fast enough?

When I developed the game I used 3 devices for testing a 'ye olde' 1st generation iTouch, a 3g iPhone and a newer iTouch (equivalent to a 3g phone).

The game runs at a playable speed upon all of them, on the oldest devices the processing is obviously slower than on the newer ones - but its definitely playable.

(fast enough is always going to a 'subjective' view though bear in mind)

Hope this helps,

Marc

Thanks for your response Marc. I appreciate the effort you guys at SI put into the games and your responsiveness and care for your customers. The pc version can be a time demanding game and I think maybe a handheld version could give me the joy of playing the game while not demanding a lot of time. This would enable me to play the game more often.

When I developed the game I used 3 devices for testing a 'ye olde' 1st generation iTouch, a 3g iPhone and a newer iTouch (equivalent to a 3g phone).

The game runs at a playable speed upon all of them, on the oldest devices the processing is obviously slower than on the newer ones - but its definitely playable.

(fast enough is always going to a 'subjective' view though bear in mind)

Hope this helps,

Marc

Agree with you there. I have it for "ye olde" 1st gen touch and thought it would be painfully slow but its far from it. Perfect for travelling as when it is processing i get a chance to look at which station I'm at and ensure I don't miss my stop!

I put it to the test on an hour train journey the other day whilst listening to music at the same time and my battery life hadn't decreased by much at all either.

I'm hoping to write up a little review on this too but trying to find time to do so (i'm either playing the damn thing or working!)

Archived