Save file corrupts on iphone 3G

This is quite a serious bug bythe looks of it on the iphone version. After playing the game for about 6 hours, exiting the game and trying to go back in I cannot continue the game only start a new one. Trys to load up the game with progress bar completing and then nothing back to the main screen. Ive tried starting again with a new game after rebooting the phone but the same thing has happened, very frustrating. I dare not risk starting again as the save file is clearly corrupting or there is a major memory issue :(.

Any help much appreciated

I agree. I´ve had about six games corrupted since the game launched, and it´s frustrating to spend a lot of time on a game only to see it vanish for no obvious reason. It seems the problem reoccur regardless of how I quit the game, and later restart the iphone.

Wilkov, perhaps this post from Marc will shed light on yours and 2mmy's issue:

For some people doing a hard reset on their device to clear their memory has fixed the issue.

With others as far as I can tell the operating system is terminating the game before the automatic save has been completed, I honestly don't know why it would do this (and its not something we've seen in QA here). I've changed the save process for the first update (in QA testing now - hopefully out in the relatively near future) so that it will save to a 'neutral' file and then rename it to a new file name once its been successful. This should prevent the 'loss' of save games such as you've seen where the OS has left the game effectively 'half saved' for some reason.

Until thsi update is released could you please use the manual save option which is found in Options - Save Game.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Marc

Thanks s33r I will certainly be using the manual save option from now on and eagerly await the update. This problem is all over the reviews section in app store. Not a very good job done on testing tbh

• SI Staff
Thanks s33r I will certainly be using the manual save option from now on and eagerly await the update. This problem is all over the reviews section in app store. Not a very good job done on testing tbh

The problem is its not a bug in the game its how the operating system works, the OS is killing the application which is working fine - just when its killed mid-save there's not much we can do about it.

I've changed things in the update to prevent it losing an existing save by saving initially to a temporary file but thats about all I can do apart from recommend that when you exit you wait a couple of seconds before opening any other application (ESPECIALLY web-browing/email it appears as that seems to be a resource hog).

Archived