25-30 yard screamers and newly promoted teams

What's with this? I've just been promoted to the Prem with QPR and cannot buy a win as my team keep getting beat by goals from 30 yards there's nothing I can do about that. I've tried hassling them but if they don't make the tackle the oppo score. I've looked at Cleon's Sheffield United project and that means nothing to me as he knows the match engine so can work out an attacking system to beat the opposition. It's as if the ME is scoring anyway it likes. How do you guys cope when getting promoted?

Speaking of screamers I got knocked out of the Scottish League Cup as Rangers by some lower division team [please don't ask :)] thanks to a screamer from 25 yards by a player who has 2 (!!!) for Long Shots...

It happens, just as I had a season a few FMs back when every goal scored against me was by a player who hasn't scored in his career or for the club so I had to read the "that's his first ever goal [for the club]" again and again...

I'm going to play a defensive 4411 formation only press in our half, narrow, and normal tempo with a defensive mid and a ball winner but I feel we'll never win a game. Oh well, It was good while it lasted...or maybe not.

Archived