iphone query

i know its come out on iphone but is it going to be slow and is there a limit on seasons to be played considering the further you get on PC it takes more memory and slows right down.

It isn't slow really, not that I've noticed and I use a iPhone 3G. There is a limit, I think it's 30 seasons.

The game is not slow at all IMHO. I'm currently playing on an iPhone 3GS.

There is a limit of 25 seasons but I cannot say if it slows down the more seasons you play as I am still in my first season.

It's best not to compare the iPhone version to the PC version as they are two different games. The iPhone version has less features and is more comparable to the PSP version.

However I think this is a good thing as when you are playing 'on the move', you don't have time to get bogged down with all the options the PC version provides. So just having the 'essentials' means you can get lots done in the odd 10, 15 or 20 minutes here and there.

That's not to say you couldn't play it for a good few hours at a time though, as there is still the 'just one more game' factor of the 'full' PC version ;)

• SI Staff
i know its come out on iphone but is it going to be slow and is there a limit on seasons to be played considering the further you get on PC it takes more memory and slows right down.

As others have mentioned you can play for 25 seasons on the iPhone version.

The game doesn't slow down at all on the iPhone as you get further into the game, the game 'pre-allocates' all data up front as much as possible so the 'data stamps' involved don't change as time goes on (on the PC version the amount of data stored in your save increases as time progresses which is why it might take longer to load etc. if you're say 00 seasons into your game than at the start of it).

PS - If you're interested in the geeky side of this stuff then feel free to email me and discuss :D

Archived