Ipswich low transfer budget!

Right first season had 1.5million and finish 15th in league (expectation was top half finish), second season (expectation top half finish again) had 1.9million finish 6th in knockout in playoffs. Now third season 200k only to spend! wtf and expect me to promote didnt have a choice!

i bought 3 high profile players with the total 3.4m most players was loan, my second season 6 first team loan player! including mark davies from bolton n chris smalling considering i done well shoulnt they give me something similar to spend i mean at least 1m right?

lucky i had good relationship with tops teams and with a few thinking offloaded some players with high wages and bought some nice young free players from the england trials and loaning quality players from man utd arsenal and chelsea atm top of the table thank god!

but yeh anyone got this very low budget transfer, i seem to be loaning players every season, at least 3

i need to double check that not really into the finances section of fm i only look at wage budget and make sure its under the budget so im not losing money, lutontown1991 good point i dont think ipswich is making any profit actually will check on n reply soon

i need to double check that not really into the finances section of fm i only look at wage budget and make sure its under the budget so im not losing money, lutontown1991 good point i dont think ipswich is making any profit actually will check on n reply soon

Your bank account should be the problem definitely, and also you spent money but didn't gain promotion so the club is restricting you until you make their wishes come true.

right dont know what im looking at the finances section but from the total income from last season its 25m and from the expenditure (which i assume is money spent right?) is 28m

by the looks of it yeh ipswich is losing money big time, so lads any idea how to increase money lol, tbh even if i do promote in my 3rd season i personally feel my squad is 100% not good enough i defo to compete in premier league i get relegate lol i wanna stay in championship for now :(

3m is not too big a deficit. If you get promoted your TV money improves so much that the board will definitely be able to afford to give you a transfer kitty.

1. Sell players and slash the wage budget - that's the obvious bit.

2. Keep loaning and signing free players instead of splashing the cash.

3. A decent cup run would really help you out

4. High-profile friendlies can rake in quite a bit of cash.

5. Re-negotiate downwards: older players, in decline, will often be willing to take a wage cut.

6. Youth farm - spot some decent players at low-profile clubs, these can be signed v. cheaply, and just by moving to a higher-profile club their rep and thus transfer value rises; then, you train them up a bit and look to ship them off for profits. This one's more of a long-term policy though, not a quick fix.

If you've got 50 scouts wandering the world, that money could also add up. In fact, staff members in general are an area that people sometimes forget to analyse for cost-cutting - regen staff with decent attributes but no rep will often do an equally good job for far lower wages than your current staff.

dekker2 i have no problem from what you said but just worried no decent player young players pop up next season lol, lucky this season now with low tranfer budget my scout done their job and managed to loan a few high profiles players and bought in 4 england trial players in for free with low wages, hope it happen again next season

took me 6 season on fm09 with swansea to become stable in premier league hope ipswich takes less than that lol

dekker2 i have no problem from what you said but just worried no decent player young players pop up next season lol, lucky this season now with low tranfer budget my scout done their job and managed to loan a few high profiles players and bought in 4 england trial players in for free with low wages, hope it happen again next season

took me 6 season on fm09 with swansea to become stable in premier league hope ipswich takes less than that lol

This isn't guaranteed to work, but when youth prospects come up at the end of the season, check the lower leagues and look through the U18 squads for players with a relatively high value and get your scouts to check them out. For instance, in League 2 most youngsters are valued at about £2,000. You might find a player or two in there that are valued at around £50,000, so scout them. I tested this out recently, and out of nine players newly added to League Two sides valued at £30,000 or more, my scouts with 20 JPP reckoned that two had the potential to be League One players and two had the potential to be Championship players. The same principles apply the further up the ladder you go, but prices for the "good" players will increase; what might cost you £50k at a League 2 side might cost you £500k at a Championship side, and probably over a million at a Premiership side :p

Archived