FM09 won't work

I reinstalled FM09 the other game, and my old save-game still works, but whenever I start a match, and get into the match-engine, it crashes, saying "Football Manager 2009 has stopped working". Any way to fix this; I really want to start playing again.

And I'm posting in this forum since it seems to be much more active than the bugs forum, where my post has been compeletly ignored. Any help is much appreciated.

Sounds like a system conflict- update your graphics card drivers, Java and directx and make sure that patch wise, your version of the game matches the save game version

Sorry I'm not much good with computers; can you go into a bit more detail please? I'm fairly sure my graphics card is up to date, but just in case, how do I update it?

And about the save-game version, I think the version my save-game was on was 9.3.0, but the version I'm currently using is 9.3.1. Is there any way to downgrade? But even so, does it even matter, because my save-game still works; it's just that it crashes on the match screen.

By the way I can still watch games with the 2D view, it's just the 3D view which makes it crash.

Edit: Well I just had a tinker and it's all working again now. Must have been the new Java I installed. Thanks for the help!

Archived