Most awkward career ever...

Some of you might have seen the thread i started about me taking charge of Valencia...

Anyway, i got sacked in the middle of the first season, right after the jan window...i was sitting in 10th, all the players unhappy.

As soon as i quit, i was offered the Deportivo La Coruna job, and i accepted it, without taking a look at the squad...So when i took charge, i found the team had NO center defenders, and there were like 5 right backs...

My first game in charge was against, yes im unlucky, Real Madrid, in the Copa Del Rey.

before the game, i got the message that says that im under pressure blah blah blah.

Lost 3-0. Got sacked. WTF?

In march, i got offered the Villareal job.

My first 3 games in charge?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Valencia, all away except Valencia.

Lost wiht three goal margins all three games.

Got sacked.

My question is, how can you get sacked after ONE game and after THREE games in charge of a club?

This is a thing that the game is lacking at the moment. I dont think the boards change their expectations from the start of the season even after everything has gone pear shaped and they have a new manager in.

How could you possibly do anything with Deportivo with no CB's and the transfer window shut. Say if at the start of the season Deportivo's goal was European Qualification, when you took over it should have been set to mid table, or a step down from what it was at the start of the season.

Unless a manager is terrible, they usually get to see out the rest of the season and then go from there with a clean slate but I dont think the game currently recognises this.

How can you join a club and before you have even played one game your under pressure. Ok you may be under a bit of pressure to turn the club around but that is a completely different thing to how the game sees you as being under pressure.

I think if you join a club half way through a season that is underperforming you should be able to give your own assessment of how you can do until the end of the season. Just like at the start of the season when you can state whether you will win the league, title challenge, europe and so on. You should be able to say respectable league position, top half, europe and so on. This will then hopefully judge you on your performances alone and not what has happened before you.

This is a thing that the game is lacking at the moment. I dont think the boards change their expectations from the start of the season even after everything has gone pear shaped and they have a new manager in.

How could you possibly do anything with Deportivo with no CB's and the transfer window shut. Say if at the start of the season Deportivo's goal was European Qualification, when you took over it should have been set to mid table, or a step down from what it was at the start of the season.

Unless a manager is terrible, they usually get to see out the rest of the season and then go from there with a clean slate but I dont think the game currently recognises this.

How can you join a club and before you have even played one game your under pressure. Ok you may be under a bit of pressure to turn the club around but that is a completely different thing to how the game sees you as being under pressure.

I think if you join a club half way through a season that is underperforming you should be able to give your own assessment of how you can do until the end of the season. Just like at the start of the season when you can state whether you will win the league, title challenge, europe and so on. You should be able to say respectable league position, top half, europe and so on. This will then hopefully judge you on your performances alone and not what has happened before you.

I was baffled when i saw the pressure message, but i disregarded it. Depor wanted a mid table finish...they were in 20th place in La Liga, and 3 points off safety.

I was baffled when i saw the pressure message, but i disregarded it. Depor wanted a mid table finish...they were in 20th place in La Liga, and 3 points off safety.

well at that point I think any board IRL would have already wrote off that season and expected you just to avoid relegation or respectable league position. Then concentrate on the next season. The developers should really look at this.

I know its not really a bug but maybe raise this in the bugs forum and see what they say because this really shouldn't happen. I think if it was a caretaker manager then maybe and they get a proper manager in but thats about it.

Archived