Am I just too good at the game? It seems to be raining goals.

I'm not sure what the status is on the latest patch, I've seen people band around the theory that there are too many goals on it, but then again, I've seen people suggest that there are not enough goals and that the patch makes things harder. I'll present to you my experiences with it, a case study if you will.

First, a little bit of background. I am Darlington, the year is 2022 and I am the dominant force in English football icon_wink.gif Therefore I am able to accept some unbelievable things are possible on FM. Here is a look at my opening games of the current season:

15xwrno.jpg

Some things to note: I only played one pre-season friendly (Ass man organises this stuff and everyone pulled out). I've slipped a few more friendlies in at the beginning of the season, but this is to blood my youth team players instead of increasing the fitness of my first teamers. I can ignore friendly results, but look at the European Cup games! I hope you can see from the picture, but if you can't:

9-0 vs Locomotiv Moscow Super Cup final

5-0 vs Sporting CP Champions Cup group stage

7-1 vs Betis Champions Cup group stage

My last two games in the league = 7-0 and 6-1 respectively.

I can trace this phenomenon back to when I installed the patch.

adyfbm.jpg

I installed the patch just before the Sunderland game about half way down the page. From then on it was goal central and I scored 22 goals in 5 games. Slightly suspicious! This trend continued until the end of the season.

The next season I had a change of tactics to something much more offensive and the pattern continued, only this time, as I showed in the previous screenshot, 7, 8 and 9 goal scorelines are now the norm. My favourite result of the season was the champions league final:

2d1lea.jpg

I guess the real kicker is this stat:

Goals FOR per season before patch:

Goals FOR per season after patch:

43 (after 10 games, current season).

Now I appreciate that I had a young team and they are all fantastic players from what I have seen. As they grow they will become more formidable, I can appreciate that, but I was wondering if that was really to blame for a huge increase in goals scored per season. I am now UNBEATEN in 124 league games and only one of those 124 games was a draw. I must be a demi-god by now down at the Darlington arena. Is something suspicious going on with the patch, or am I just...really really good?

I'm not sure what the status is on the latest patch, I've seen people band around the theory that there are too many goals on it, but then again, I've seen people suggest that there are not enough goals and that the patch makes things harder. I'll present to you my experiences with it, a case study if you will.

First, a little bit of background. I am Darlington, the year is 2022 and I am the dominant force in English football icon_wink.gif Therefore I am able to accept some unbelievable things are possible on FM. Here is a look at my opening games of the current season:

15xwrno.jpg

Some things to note: I only played one pre-season friendly (Ass man organises this stuff and everyone pulled out). I've slipped a few more friendlies in at the beginning of the season, but this is to blood my youth team players instead of increasing the fitness of my first teamers. I can ignore friendly results, but look at the European Cup games! I hope you can see from the picture, but if you can't:

9-0 vs Locomotiv Moscow Super Cup final

5-0 vs Sporting CP Champions Cup group stage

7-1 vs Betis Champions Cup group stage

My last two games in the league = 7-0 and 6-1 respectively.

I can trace this phenomenon back to when I installed the patch.

adyfbm.jpg

I installed the patch just before the Sunderland game about half way down the page. From then on it was goal central and I scored 22 goals in 5 games. Slightly suspicious! This trend continued until the end of the season.

The next season I had a change of tactics to something much more offensive and the pattern continued, only this time, as I showed in the previous screenshot, 7, 8 and 9 goal scorelines are now the norm. My favourite result of the season was the champions league final:

2d1lea.jpg

I guess the real kicker is this stat:

Goals FOR per season before patch:

Goals FOR per season after patch:

43 (after 10 games, current season).

Now I appreciate that I had a young team and they are all fantastic players from what I have seen. As they grow they will become more formidable, I can appreciate that, but I was wondering if that was really to blame for a huge increase in goals scored per season. I am now UNBEATEN in 124 league games and only one of those 124 games was a draw. I must be a demi-god by now down at the Darlington arena. Is something suspicious going on with the patch, or am I just...really really good?

If you get your defence right, you can score loads up front.

Can I ask - what are your tactics at corners? If you are marking the GK and getting a lot of goals that way, it's a weakness in the match engine that shouldn't be exploited if you want realistic results.

I play a very offensive tactic, one which I expect to concede goals, but hope to score more.

I play with a flat back 4

LR and MR on the half way line with farrows to the top of the pitch

Then 2AM and 2FW in a box shape.

This obviously leaves a big gap in the middle of the park and my defence is often stranded (one of them gets forward often too!). It isn't being exploited though.

My corners are aimed at the 6yd box, but nobody challenges the GK ever since Micah Richards was my top scorer a couple of seasons ago :/

Archived