Gaining nationality problem

In my game as Melbourne Victory in Australia, I signed some youngsters from abroad. The nationalities of these players included Spanish, Serbian, Croatian and Dutch. I've edited the nationality rules for Australia so it only takes 1 year to gain citizenship. After that year, the players will get Australian citizenship and it even gave me the message saying "this player didn't think he would be good enough for (country) and so he has gained citizenship for your country" or something along those lines but then heres the problem:

I can't pick the player for the national team because in his nationalities it says Spain (for example) is his main nation, and in his other nations it has Australia but he is ineligible for Australia for some unknown reason. I even changed the years to gain citizenship back to 5 and tried it, but the same thing happened.

Help would be appreciated.

That because the player already decided to play to Australia National team not Spain national team. That happen to me more than once, last time was two days ago, I am Italy Coach I called a player with Italian and Brazalian Nationality and he refused my call up and he say he will play only for Brazil.

Dylza: Even if he has gained Australian nationality after 1 year, the FIFA rules says that a player has to have lived in a country for to years before being eligible for a call up for the adopted country. That might be the reason for your troubles.

Archived