Can anybody help?!

I have been playing Footy Man as normal and since the new patch came out, I started a season with Macclesfield and last night I was thinking about a new game (despite having not eve completed a season) maybe starting with the England U19's and work from there. I went onto Steam as normal but when I clicked Football Manager 2010, an 'XML parsing error!' came up. Here is what it says:

'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml'

Havem't a clue what it means so I clicked Ok and a few seconds later the same message pops up and no matter how fast or how much I click okay, it will not close. A bit gutted and I really hope it doesn't stop me playing FM2010 again! Anyone had similar problems or anyone know what to do? :mad::confused:

Thanks in advance,

Recently my mate had the same error message plague him when he tried to load it up his only option was to re install usin the method were he needs the disk but if you bought it via steam then im not sure how youd handle it.

I bought mine via steam recently i did have a copy but loved it as i do all fm games so i bought it . hope you get it sorted mate sorry im not much use.

Archived