A Season Full of Friendlies?

Noobie here. Having gotten sacked each of my first two seasons in the Blue Square South, I began again with Dorchester and spent an inordinate amount of time preparing for the new season. We've trained like our lives depended on it, we've interviewed every available coach, we've had rafts of players come in on trial, we've spent an insane amount of time getting everyone's morale to the Dahli Llama stage. Now my Magpies unit is clicking amazingly well and no one we schedule can stop us. We are totally primed for the season.

Except there is no match activity for the Blue Square South. None. At all. It's October second and I have nothing to do but schedule friendlies. And yes, I am a bit disgruntled.

There is a league schedule which shows I should have been playing since mid August, but we haven't taken to the field for a single league game, nor has anyone else in the BSS.

I thought I'd seen a post about this a week or so back, but can't find it now. I need to tell my Magpies goodbye, quit and start a new season, don't I?

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be very optimistic... :( I had the same problem in an older version of FM (2006, maybe), I even tried loading a save file from the the summer, way before the time when fixtures are generated, and start the season again but it didn't help. And I didn't use any edited database or things like that.

I wish you had more luck than me.

one season i had on CM 00/01 didnt reach the FA Cup final! I was doing well with a lower division team and still in every competition, I had to replay a 5th round tie and the replay just never happened but the other side kept going, so the final was scheduled for something like Chelsea v Brighton or Birmingham or Preston or Man Utd or Arsenal or Blackpool or Leyton Orient or Bradford or Everton or Southampton or Tottenham

ludicrous! the FA Cup just came back around from the beginning next season. surely the solution was for me to play several games in a very short space of time to catch up?

Archived