Club reputation

How is this figured? Given that a team like Newcastle has a lower reputation than Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton and almost all the Premier League, I have to assume it's just a measure of likely they are to attract a certain calibre of player. Is that true? And if so couldn't reputation be figured more along the lines of renown, prestige, history, possibility of one day becoming a big team again (if they aren't already) and so on, and then just used as a factor to be weighed against wealth, ranking, league and so on to determine likelihood of certain reputed players joining them?

I may be completely wrong in my first assumption. Just curious.

How is this figured? Given that a team like Newcastle has a lower reputation than Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton and almost all the Premier League, I have to assume it's just a measure of likely they are to attract a certain calibre of player. Is that true? And if so couldn't reputation be figured more along the lines of renown, prestige, history, possibility of one day becoming a big team again (if they aren't already) and so on, and then just used as a factor to be weighed against wealth, ranking, league and so on to determine likelihood of certain reputed players joining them?

I may be completely wrong in my first assumption. Just curious.

I think you nailed it. My guess is that Newcastle and Forrest have a higher rep than all other CL sides, and that the likes of Leeds, Southampton, etc. have a higher rep than other League One sides.

So, as those teams get promoted, they will climb higher than if some other CL or L1 side is promoted. An FM newly promoted Premier League Newcastle would likely have a higher rep than a newly promoted Premier Doncaster.

But while they're in the lower division, their rep has to reflect that. It would be silly if Newcastle, Leeds, and Southampton could attract more and better players than Stoke City or Burnley (right now), even though the clubs are more famous.

Archived