spain bug

I posted this on bug forum, but then I noticed no mods read that.

HUGE spain competition bug. Final standing 09/10:

Real

Valencia

At madrid

Villareal

Barcelona.

Barca win the champions league, yes, liverpool situation repeats itself. But the game doesn't do well managing it. Villareal plays eurocup, while they should've played CC playoff. In fact, they play 4th round playoff (this is normal, right?) Barcelona qualified for CC DIRECTLY, so not even the playoffs that are mandatory for 4th place in spain (they are, right?). It's just a big mess. While the correct answer should've been (i think), that both villareal and barca play the last play off for CC, and Ath madrid, RM and me all qualify right away.

If you want me to upload the save, could you tell me how?

Thanks.

Edit: i was thinkin of editing villareal into cc, but im on autosave, and it wouldn't be a sure thing with the new playoff rules that they'd actually qualify. Kinda blows, cause imo they deserve a fair chance, they did well last season.

I posted this on bug forum, but then I noticed no mods read that.

HUGE spain competition bug. Final standing 09/10:

Real

Valencia

At madrid

Villareal

Barcelona.

Barca win the champions league, yes, liverpool situation repeats itself. But the game doesn't do well managing it. Villareal plays eurocup, while they should've played CC playoff. In fact, they play 4th round playoff (this is normal, right?) Barcelona qualified for CC DIRECTLY, so not even the playoffs that are mandatory for 4th place in spain (they are, right?). It's just a big mess. While the correct answer should've been (i think), that both villareal and barca play the last play off for CC, and Ath madrid, RM and me all qualify right away.

If you want me to upload the save, could you tell me how?

Thanks.

Edit: i was thinkin of editing villareal into cc, but im on autosave, and it wouldn't be a sure thing with the new playoff rules that they'd actually qualify. Kinda blows, cause imo they deserve a fair chance, they did well last season.

If the Champions League holder doesn't qualify they replace the lowest placed club from their nation to do so, am I missing something? Barcelona replaces Villareal sounds right to me but I'm not the most familiar with the Spanish league rules.

In actual fact this has happened in La Liga before way back in 2002 I think. Real Madrid came fifth but ended up winning the Champions League whilst Zaragoza came fourth. Yet the the Spanish ruling was that Real Madrid would be their final representative as Champions League holders rather than Zaragoza.

There isn't an extra spot for the Champions League holders. They qualify at the expense of someone in their country. It works this way in every league, they're European wide rules. Villarreal in that case should not qualify for the Champions League.

Bare in mind though that the rules have changed since then. Back then only two teams qualified automatically and two through a Champions League qualifier also I'm pretty sure that Uefa rules say that the holder should also qualify automatically for the tournament. So the top 3 teams in Spain and Barcelona enter at the group stage, whilst Villarrael enter the Europa League! Makes perfect sense to me.

it happen to liverpool when they won the champion league and finish fifth, liverpool still enter the champion league because they are holder.

After this happened they changed the rules though because Everton got in as well so 5 teams qualified from England. Now the 4th placed team won't qualify anymore, meaning if this rule was in place then. Everton wouldn't have qualified. This is also the same for the whole of Europe

The ruling in game is what it should be, after what happened in 2005. What happened back then was that Liverpool replaced the lowest ranked qualifier and started from qualifying round one with Everton starting from qualifying round 3.

Because of the controversy this caused the holders will replace the lowest positioned team in their nation. This applies to all nations now. So it's not a bug. :D

Archived