Football finance in FM.

Do you think it's been greatly improved?

Let's get this straight, I'm NOT talking about transfer fees for players and whether they are right or wrong. I'm more reffering to the actual club accounts. In previous versions it only took a couple of successful seasons before your bank balance was bulging yet in FM10 it seems much much harder to do this which is more realistic.

Obviously it's going to be harder if your managing a team that has a lot of debt like Portsmouth, Man Utd, Liverpool etc as the repayments will eat up a lot of money you raise and obviously the lower leagues are notoriously cash starved, but do you think SI have the financial model just about spot on?

I'm not sure. I know that in previous versions of FM I was losing money hand over fist most of the time (I mostly managed in the Blue Square Regionals and Northern Ireland). But I'm now playing in the Scottish 3rd Division with Montrose, and I'm in early November of the first season. My balance has gone from about £20k when I started to just over £100k now, but I did have some good cup runs (and some friendlies scheduled when I got there against Stoke and Bristol City which were both full houses), so that probably helped.

Archived