Ask player to stop attempting pointless long range shots

I'm in my first season with Sunderland, and Cana and Sandro are my central midfield pairing, and while i'm happy with their performances. It is frustrating to see how many of my attacks end with some pointless longe range shot from either player. Cana in particular seems to rejoice long range efforts, it does not help that he is not very good at it either.

I do not recall giving players instructions to do so. May it have something to do with the player role i give some players? Does anyone know how i can ask my players to pass in order to continue the attack instead of attempting a long range shot?

go on to player instructions and change the 'try long shots' option and also during match put the instruction 'work ball into box' thats what i do! because my players always shoot from distance but i thinks its a bug or fome sort or something because im sure ive seen other threads on it!

I'm in my first season with Sunderland, and Cana and Sandro are my central midfield pairing, and while i'm happy with their performances. It is frustrating to see how many of my attacks end with some pointless longe range shot from either player. Cana in particular seems to rejoice long range efforts, it does not help that he is not very good at it either.

I do not recall giving players instructions to do so. May it have something to do with the player role i give some players? Does anyone know how i can ask my players to pass in order to continue the attack instead of attempting a long range shot?

You can check whether the role you have given him includes the "Long shots - often" by selecting that view on your tactics screen ("Views" > "Long Shots").

If it has, then dropping it to rarely should help. If he has the PM "Shoots from distance" you could try asking him to stop (player interaction).

this definetly is a bug because i have reverted to older tactics. i go into every player in the player instruction and set all to rarely shoot from long range. and by half time i have had 10? if this isnt a bug my players a ret.arded. it seriously gets on my nerves with all the crazy long shots that miss by miles

Archived