Transfer System and General Game Play

For those of you like me who cant play a long term game because of the transfer system and the flaws in it i've figured something out that might help. The level of debt with some clubs in the game is not reflective of real life as because they are given a ridiculous amount of years they never behave like they're actually in debt. i used a calculation to give every team a maximum of ten years to repay their debts (and those who have to pay it in a shorter time i did that too) and now the game seems more balanced in terms of balance. Portsmouth even go into administration by themselves in the game. I've did this in FM08 and if anyone wants to know more or see screenshots just ask but i think if you transfer the debts i employ over to your game (09 or 10) you'll notice clubs behave a little more realistic.

I don't know if what you've done is right... but it sounds good lol. Maybe you should talk with the SI guys and explain to them in more detail, it would help everyone and make the game better if you have found a way to calculate how teams finances would work like real life... if that makes sense?

Might stop teams having ridiculously big budgets as the game goes on :thup:

How you would get to talk to SI people though i don't know :D

Yeah, its not really anything ingenius lol its quite simple really. When you look in the editor you notice even though certain clubs are in debt, and some in real life have to repay their debt rather quickly, SI for some reason gives them up to 23 years sometimes to pay a debt! now for some clubs who make 70 to 80 million over the course of a season, paying that off every month will mean very little. So for the clubs more in debt i simply worked out how much they would have to pay per month over the course of 10 years and then extended that in the game for 14 years for most clubs (which is the shortest time the game seemed to give me). What happens is now the finances of most clubs actually mimics real life a little more and you dont get clubs (apart from Man City who i cant seem to figure out anything for) signing players ridiculously

im gonna post a couple of screen shots to illustrate what i mean because i have been working on this tirelessly for months! this is the only thing holding FM back imo and i believe i've gone some way to make it better.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6504/46653584.png

thats a link to an image of what happened to portsmouth during the season, they went into administration and were eventually relegated. if people wanna see the kind of transfers going through i can post images of that too. the transfers feel more realistic and you dont get clubs who in real life dont have much money spending 40mil on a player because they have just done well in the league when in actuality that money would have gone to pay some debt off.

I have to say I have the opposite problem. I actually went through the editor and eliminated other teams' debts.

I find that if I don't do this, I quickly become the #1 team on the rich list (I started with Burnley, and was #1 in year five or maybe six) simply by buying hot prospects at age 17 for $700k and selling them at 20 for $20m. You do that with a dozen or so players -- and hang on to a dozen more for your first team -- and if you manage everything else responsibly you soon find yourself dominating.

I need to make the other teams artificially rich in order to have some competition as the game goes on. I give about half of the top flight (anyone higher than West Ham in reputation) about $100 million to start and no debt. I do the same for the top 4 or 5 teams in each of the top European leagues.

Archived