Performances vs CA

I have always wondered this:

Does the AI pick players for international duty and when signing players based on their performances or on their CA (current ability)? (BTW, I am not asking about PA because its obvious that everyone buys youth players based on their potential and not performances.)

I realise that there will be an element of both performance and ability, but which one is usually more important and which circumstances?

I think a lot of factors go into it, including reputation and what you mentioned. Relationships may come into play at times as well because a have a world class French midfielder who never gets called up. Granted they have a lot of good midfielders, but he's better than any other options they have.

Relationship with the manager is supposed to play a part, yeah.

The three things that definitely play a role are rep, CA, and relationships, in that order (though a really bad or good relationship could make up for or destroy a high rep and ability rating). I think the AI does not recognise form.

Well I'm proud to say that I got Dean Ashton performing so well that he got called up to the England squad and played in the 2014 World Cup, so i spose thats a combination of his reputation going up after being successful under my management, and him performing very well

Archived