Why do you want to come to little old me?

I'm currently in my 2nd season as manager of Burton Albion in League 2. Inevitably they must have a low reputation after so many years in the BSP, and we were favourites for relegation last term. When i kept them up (finishing 13th), my job security rocketed to very secure even though my previous experience was amateur - this also suggests a low rep.

Yet when checking out young players at big clubs e.g. Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc., many young players (under 20) seemed to be 'extremely interested' in joining me after scouting. Players such as nathan ecclestone, david petrucci and danny rose seemed desperate to join my lowly team. Ofcourse i don't have the budget at Burton to sign them for say 700k, but if did then it seems i could sign these players with no qualms. Why do they want to move?

Anyone have the same problem (if you could call it that)?

:)

They won't I believe. I had that with Tranmere on league 1. Went to

sign them and they said there was no way they would join me. I even tried to get them

on loan but they rejected. Don't know why it would come up with them

being interested though!!

They won't I believe. I had that with Tranmere on league 1. Went to

sign them and they said there was no way they would join me. I even tried to get them

on loan but they rejected. Don't know why it would come up with them

being interested though!!

Because your scouts aren't so good I think

Because your scouts aren't so good I think

Or your assistant manager - if you look at the player list and tick the sort out realistic players button thingy, you also get some crazy players who say they would be interested but when push comes to shove they don't want too at all!

Archived