Do Feet Really Matter?

Yes feet do matter.

Imagine you are left footed and are running down the left side of the pitch, you see your striker making a run into the box and you want to put a cross into his path. Not a problem as the inside of your left boot will send the ball sailing gracefully on its way (unless you have 1 for crossing like me).

No imagine you are right footed in the same position, you either have to use your left foot, which sucks, the outside of your right boot, legs don't bend that way, or stop your run, cut infield and cross it with the inside of your right boot.

The game models which foot a player uses, so it is always useful to put a left sided player on the left of the pitch (unless you want them to cut infield).

If you want an example in match, set a right footed player to take all your corners, you will see a big difference in the path they take into the box from the right side and left side of the pitch.

For central defenders it is not as important, as you will tend to be passing the ball, but it can make a big difference for wide strikers, especially if you set them to go very wide.

Two footedness in the game means they far outpeform their attributes.

I thought it just means they don't get a technical penalty when attempting to use a weaker foot.

For example, a player who is right footed with 17 passing. He attempts to pass with a weak left foot his passing attribute would be penalized to say 8 or so.

A two-footed player, however, would have 17 passing no matter what foot he used.

• 1 month later...
I thought it just means they don't get a technical penalty when attempting to use a weaker foot.

For example, a player who is right footed with 17 passing. He attempts to pass with a weak left foot his passing attribute would be penalized to say 8 or so.

A two-footed player, however, would have 17 passing no matter what foot he used.

Does this also count for tackling?

Archived