Selling players

Seriously, what's up with this? I just can't seem to sell any of the players I don't want and I'm not talking about worthless heap of crap players, I'm talking about guys like; Bellamy, Petrov, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Seedorf. It's just ridiculous and something that I've never had a problem with on any previous version of the game. I'm also tired of offering out players at a knock down price and recieving nothing but loan offers.

Just as a little trial a few minutes ago, I offered out Seedorf for 2 million. I recieved one actual bid of 2 million from Palermo and the rest were loan deals, which I rejected. After a few days had gone past, he rejects them (happens with just about every player I don't want)...Then I decided to offer him out for 500k. Again Palermo were the only club to actually bid for a transfer the rest were loan offers. What didn't make sense was all of the loan offers had an initial fee of 120k and a future fee of 4.6 million...Why don't they just bid the 500k I'm asking for and you can have him permanently? Ugh!

Also, whenever I go the route of accepting a loan deal with a future fee, when the time comes at the end of the season and the club meets the buy out clause in the loan, he ALWAYS rejects. I'm yet to have a single player make a loan deal permanent even when they come back with the message "(player) looks to the future", implying that they'd join the club if given the opportunity and even have that club in their favoured clubs list.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I mean like I said, selling players always use to be easy for me and I've never experienced such frustration at trying to get rid of players I don't want. I'm playing on the 10.1 version of the game, if that helps.

Presume you're man city?

Problem here is wages. Bellamy earns about 3 times what he's worth. He's a decent player but no club that can afford his wages (CL qualified) either need or want him.

Try offering at £1m + the rest after one league game or zero up front plus the rest over 24 or 48 months.

Yep it's wages compared to ability.

I couldn't get rid of Lucas Neill at Everton for love nor money. Finally offered him a new contract on drastically lowered wages before his contract expired, as he was still decent back up. Immediately, the offers started to come in.

I think the problem is the players don't know how to bite the bullet and accept that if they want to play first team football they might have to take a pay cut.

Thats why there is so many good players who had high wages and leave there club unemployed till they retire because they still think they should be earning 100k+ a week.

In older FMs if a player got desperate to play he would take a paycut.

Archived