Carnt score one-on-ones?

This has to be fixed, how can players with example 19 finishing and composure miss 9/10 one-on-ones.. its so bloody unrealistic and annoying.. you then get a guy with 12 long shots score from 45 yards? yeh ok then.. pathetic and must be fixed in the next patch, they seem to just hit it at the goalkeeper everytime :@

yeh suppose thats true, the game is unrealistic atm..

1) defenders are clueless and dont know how to follow players runs

2) Players with 19 finishing + composure carnt score 1v1 but ones with 12 can?

3) Players with 20 long shots carnt score for **** but ones with 9 can?

so stupid.

I havent seen this problem, although a few trusted people I know say that it is there.

But anyways, maybe train your players in PPM to place the ball, if morale is high otherwise confidence infront of goal will drop

and reducing creative freedom can have the affect of these players making better decisions infront of goal.

I watched one of my games the other day. I won 2-1. My goals were a 30 yard volley from a center half and a 40 yard screamer from a defensive midfielder.

Their goal was another long range effort from a defender.

Neither of our strikers could put away any of the 15 or so chances they had.

ATM, the three main central defenders have played/ scored

22/5

17/5

12/2

My three strikers have played scored.

15/5

22/8

7/1

So the defenders have 12 goals in 51 games and the strikers have 14 in 43

It is a very known complaint. People are calling it the Superkeeper Bug. I think it is due to a very poor match engine that causes too many one on ones, and SI made the Superkeepers in order to maintain a realistic score, otherwise it would be like legion22 said, scores of 13-9.

BTW, I didnt see the superkeeper bug in ther first patch.

I really don't think there's a superkeeper problem, rather it seems that strikers hit it right at the keeper far too often. I don't see a problem with keepers. It's more strikers missing chances constantly.

Too many 1 v 1s are being created however. I think that there should be less of those, but they should be scored more often.

I really don't think there's a superkeeper problem, rather it seems that strikers hit it right at the keeper far too often. I don't see a problem with keepers. It's more strikers missing chances constantly.

Too many 1 v 1s are being created however. I think that there should be less of those, but they should be scored more often.

Yes. Either way you see it, it is obvious that needs fixing. Lets hope the next patch does something about it. If not then, oh well, life still goes on, and it would still be a good game.

Telling them to learn to place shots seems to help a bit. Too bad most of the strikers flat out refuse to do so as they don't think it would improve their game :rolleyes: This fella for example:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9840/9giacomoberetta.jpg

Not the best striker in the world or anything but with attributes like those you would at least expect him to score easy chances once in a while. He is being used as a 'Poacher' so he is the one playing furthest on the pitch and he is the one who gets most one on one chances. And yet his goal return is absolutely pathetic and he's been the biggest waste of money ever. I'm specifically trying to get around the "central one on ones" issue and actually succeeding but he is missing tons of angled one on ones as well. He is good in the air and has scored a few so that's basically the only thing he's useful for.

There is no way this issue has ONLY to do with CDs not being able to mark properly. It seems making it harder to scrore was a quick fix but now if SI really want to fix it, they need to fix both issues: 1) CDs being too easily split which leads to too many one on ones AND 2) strikers missing too many easy one on ones chances with no pressure from defenders and even if their finishing and composure attributes are high they will nearly always just shoot straight at the keeper.

Guest El Payaso
yeh suppose thats true, the game is unrealistic atm..

1) defenders are clueless and dont know how to follow players runs

2) Players with 19 finishing + composure carnt score 1v1 but ones with 12 can?

3) Players with 20 long shots carnt score for **** but ones with 9 can?

so stupid.

You can add to this the fact that crossing is pinpointed no matter who the crosser is. And defensive midfielders not doing their job. Closing down really isn't working properly; players close down only the player who has the ball and that opens space all the time...

It is a very known complaint. People are calling it the Superkeeper Bug. I think it is due to a very poor match engine that causes too many one on ones, and SI made the Superkeepers in order to maintain a realistic score, otherwise it would be like legion22 said, scores of 13-9.

BTW, I didnt see the superkeeper bug in ther first patch.

SI did not do anything purposely to keep scores low. Technically, the issue isnt even due to keepers but due to an error with the CB's letting players through on goal. It gives the appearance that it is a clear cut chance when it isnt but it appears that it is. The issue is well known throughout the forums and SI has said they are aware of it and looking to fix the issue

This has to be fixed, how can players with example 19 finishing and composure miss 9/10 one-on-ones.. its so bloody unrealistic and annoying.. you then get a guy with 12 long shots score from 45 yards? yeh ok then.. pathetic and must be fixed in the next patch, they seem to just hit it at the goalkeeper everytime :@

if your strikers have lots of strength train them to shot with strength. if they have low strength then train placed shots.

as for long shots, if they're making lots of chances and can't sore then be ready because then any idiot will score with a long shot and there is nothing you can do. ME seems to be programmed to make goals after 3 shots on target no matter how hard that next shot is.

The bug is the number of chances created. Keepers only APPEAR super in certain situations giving an unrealistic ratio. If 9/10 one-v-ones were scored each game would end 7-5 or more.

The overall number of one-v-ones is about right. It's the ratio that's screwed. I stopped looking at that stat and the problem went away. If you are only creating one-v-one chances and no others you are doing something wrong.

Archived