New feature for FM11

I came upon this idea:

Why isn't it possible to let the game change the PA every year (if necessary) instead of only the CA.

For example a player who isn't expected to be a great star, suddenly transforms into a superstar player (there are quite a few examples i guess)

Or you could turn it around the other way..... A player expected to be a superstar, but he never fulfills the expectations.... (many more examples LOL)

I know it can be "regulated" with change of CA and training, but I think this might be interesting, if it's possible with coding etc.

No. If a player transforms into a superstar player his PA was always going to be high and he gets a big CA boost. And the other way around the player just doesn't live up to his full potential.

but if his PA isn't that high, for example IRL Boulahrouz (he used to play for RKC, a mediocre club in Holland, and transferred to HSV, Chelsea etc...) I can't imagine that he had a high PA in the game in 2001/2002 (check his history in the game) He has developed into a good player, something you could never imagine 10 years ago..... If you could implement this in the game, that his PA becomes higher (and therefore his CA) it would become more realistic I think.

but if his PA isn't that high, for example IRL Boulahrouz (he used to play for RKC, a mediocre club in Holland, and transferred to HSV, Chelsea etc...) I can't imagine that he had a high PA in the game in 2001/2002 (check his history in the game) He has developed into a good player, something you could never imagine 10 years ago..... If you could implement this in the game, that his PA becomes higher (and therefore his CA) it would become more realistic I think.

Well, Boula did have a good PA then, didn't he? ;)

Researchers aren't gods and they won't know for sure how good a player will turn out. Boula was a late bloomer and that's something you can't always account for.

Random PA boosts would ruin the game for me. I scout my payers and know what I can expect. My back-up LB will never be a world-beater and I'm fine with that.

The only thing this will bring is random PA boosts which will lead to frustration (I sold my mediocre left winger and he's now the best in the world!) and less enjoyment.

There have been loads of threads about variable PA and they all lead to nothing, quite frankly.

Well, Boula did have a good PA then, didn't he? ;)

Researchers aren't gods and they won't know for sure how good a player will turn out. Boula was a late bloomer and that's something you can't always account for.

You have a point there....

But I think it must be possible to have late bloomers in the game (not by boosting CA), makes it more realistic, although it's not easy to have it working in the game....

I still think it's worth looking at, but it must be restricted to just 1 or 2 late bloomers a few season.... it adds to realism, I think you can agree with that

You have a point there....

But I think it must be possible to have late bloomers in the game (not by boosting CA), makes it more realistic, although it's not easy to have it working in the game....

I still think it's worth looking at, but it must be restricted to just 1 or 2 late bloomers a few season.... it adds to realism, I think you can agree with that

I still don't think we're on the same wavelength though. Just a quick question: do you use the/an editor at all?

I think there are actually some late bloomers in the game - players whose peak will be reached later in their career because they are professionals and will keep improving (mentally more than technically, I imagine) because he works hard for it. He will reach his PA (most player don't, from what I've read around the forums) which could be seen as a late bloomer. There are also early bloomers in the game that reach their peak at a young age and then don't improve any more

Again: I'd hate to miss out on a good player just because he gets a random boost.

I will concede that the current PA/CA probably isn't perfect, but I think it works great and doesn't need changing to account for 1 or 2 players per season.

Archived