Retirement Date

Ok, here's the deal.

In my Barca save, I've reached 2015.

I want to give Xavi his last major tournament in 2016.

I just want him to retire after his last bow at EURO, which will ends at 26-6-2016 in my save.

The problem is, he has set his retirement date at 10-5-2016 :(.

EDIT :

There's an option called reconsider retirement, but it will, if successful, keep Xavi until may 2017, which is too much.

I had a player for USA who was due to retire right in the middle of the World Cup, when the tournament started though his retirement date was pushed back to the day after the tournament concluded.

We got smashed 0-1,0-5 and 0-3 in the group stage. Amazed I kept the job.

Ahem. Maybe you should check before shouting. I've made multiple posts saying that I detest any cheaters and don't even use the editor. Get you facts right, mate. ;)

Thats what the ;) winky thing was for!

Perhaps i should have said safety wink before-hand :rolleyes:. Settle down son!

Well, the point is, I have a suggestion to make to SI.

If a player due to retire at the end of season, but still a regular member of national squad and his retirement is in an international major tournament year (World Cup year + Continental year), the retirement date is set to AFTER the tournament is finished.

Or at least the nation's Manager has the option to ask the player to "reconsider retirement at least after the tournament is over" option :D.

Well, the point is, I have a suggestion to make to SI.

If a player due to retire at the end of season, but still a regular member of national squad and his retirement is in an international major tournament year (World Cup year + Continental year), the retirement date is set to AFTER the tournament is finished.

Or at least the nation's Manager has the option to ask the player to "reconsider retirement at least after the tournament is over" option :D.

Yes its a good idea that i'd like to see included. There are real life examples such as Zidane aswell.

Archived