no effect from defending

is it me or does defending do no good at all.

i have tried to play defensive away from home or when defending a lead and simply all it does is allow teams to dominate, i feel unless you have the ebst team and the best players it seems the only way is to attack and over power weaker teams? has any one else managed to get defensive approach to work?

Is it really weird that the other team will dominate you if they play at home/have to score when you're defending a lead? Is it really weird that teams will dominate if you have a defensive approach to the game? I don't think so...

No no..i am not saying that this is weird...in fact if it was not this way, then it would have been weird. I am saying this from my experience but i find my players, no matter who they are or what their settings are, fail to close down loose balls....i find my players, no matter who they are or what their settings are, run away from passes...i find that my player who is nearest to the ball, no matter who he is or what his settings are, move away from half clearances and allow my defenders to run forward from inside my own half to deal with such balls... i find my players, no matter who they are or what their settings are, fail to close down a player who is receiving a pass but wait until he takes control of the ball and then rush forward, thereby pulling themselves out of position and allowing the player to make a simple pass to another player who is free. This is the situation not just with my players...but with the opposition too and my team has taken advantage of such situations to score a number of goals.

Archived