Transfer Revenue

This is my 1st game of FM2010... im only a few weeks into the game, Im Glasgow Rangers... and my % of Transfer sales is at 40%.... Is there anyway i can get the chairman to increase this...

Should this not be one of the options you can ask to board to change?

Makes me feel its hardly worth selling any players, if i sell a player for a 1mil i only get 400k to find a replacement for him... Hardly makes you feel like helping the clubs debts when its as extreme as that.... Maybe like 80% goes to transfer kitty and 20% to club debt is more realistic...

Any advice?

It probably means your board believes it’s better to keep some money for the remaining of the season.

For the first season of my club in Premiership my board allowed me €10M transfer funds, I gave the whole budget to the wages. Then I got €15M selling players but the board only gave me €1M out of these for the transfer budget.

Maybe you can take advantage of the situation by signing promising youngsters that don’t cost much and that you can sell next season for a hefty profit!

Its mainly cause of the debt, you dont really need to sell anyone unless you bring in replacements. Loans are the best to do to add more depth. Im in second season and its 75% and have quite a few players on loan, eg. Abou Diaby, Jack Wilshere, Carlos Vela, Pedro, Henrique, Caceres, Martin Petrov, Joe Hart, Garrido, Ljajic, Lewandowski plus a young regen. About half of them Im paying 50% of their wages because they were transfer listed so look to the transfer listed players first for cheaper loanees.

You just need to get past the first season and sell players next season, hopefully you get a few freebees through your youth system.

Archived