Shots/Goals ratio bug?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having like 15 shots per game and struggling to score?

I'm currently Reading, we're 2nd in the league thanks to an amazing backline (Michael Ball, Kiko Femenia, Ritchie De Laet, Alex Pearce, Sol Campbell, Matthew Booth, Matt Mills, Chris Armstrong) and goalkeeper (Pavel Londak). However I've tried Shane Long, Grzegorz Rasiak, Leigh Griffiths, Abdelkader Ghezzal and Noel Hunt (seems to be the only forward scoring with 11 in 24 games) and they just aren't scoring on a regular basis. The only luck I'm getting is midfield and defenders scoring. I've tweaked my tactics to try and get a few more goals from my forwards but haven't had any luck :confused:

90% of games consist of my team scoring a goal or two that are ruled offside, around 15 shots at goal with one or two going in if I'm lucky and my forwards hitting so many shots at the keeper or the woodwork. It's really frustrating seeing your strikers score goals that are marginally offside but fail to score simple clear cut chances.

I just think it's a little unrealistic that Long, Griffiths, Rasiak and Ghezzal have all gone over 500 mins without scoring in a team with creative midfielders who can support and setup loads of goals.

If you think this isn't a bug and have any suggestions on how I can improve I'd be most grateful ;)

Cheers,

ScottParky

Just a bit of fun here, these are the results from my last 5 games and the last 5 games of the PL club in the same position IRL. Can you guess which is which?

Shots on Target     Goals      Shots per Goal Ratio
---------------------------------------------------
12                  3          4
9                   3          3
9                   1          9
5                   2          2.5
6                   0          n/a

6                   2          3
6                   2          3
7                   2          3.5
9                   3          3

Perhaps it is worth looking at how you are creating your chances and changing it?

Ok, round two. This is my first 5 games and the first 5 games of the team who finished in the same position IRL as me last season.

Shots on Target     Goals      Shots per Goal Ratio
---------------------------------------------------
9                   2          4.5
17                  1          17
9                   0          n/a
13                  5          2.6
4                   2          2

7                   3          2.3
5                   2          2.5
12                  3          4
6                   1          6

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having like 15 shots per game and struggling to score?

I'm currently Reading, we're 2nd in the league thanks to an amazing backline (Michael Ball, Kiko Femenia, Ritchie De Laet, Alex Pearce, Sol Campbell, Matthew Booth, Matt Mills, Chris Armstrong) and goalkeeper (Pavel Londak). However I've tried Shane Long, Grzegorz Rasiak, Leigh Griffiths, Abdelkader Ghezzal and Noel Hunt (seems to be the only forward scoring with 11 in 24 games) and they just aren't scoring on a regular basis. The only luck I'm getting is midfield and defenders scoring. I've tweaked my tactics to try and get a few more goals from my forwards but haven't had any luck :confused:

90% of games consist of my team scoring a goal or two that are ruled offside, around 15 shots at goal with one or two going in if I'm lucky and my forwards hitting so many shots at the keeper or the woodwork. It's really frustrating seeing your strikers score goals that are marginally offside but fail to score simple clear cut chances.

I just think it's a little unrealistic that Long, Griffiths, Rasiak and Ghezzal have all gone over 500 mins without scoring in a team with creative midfielders who can support and setup loads of goals.

If you think this isn't a bug and have any suggestions on how I can improve I'd be most grateful ;)

Cheers,

ScottParky

It's a known bug, called "superkeeper" by some players. We are told it will be fixed when the nest patch is issued. When I say fixed I don't unfortunately mean that you will score some of the chances you create. What will happen is that you won't be creating chances.

Theres alot of issues about this so called 'superkeeper' and i use that term loosely. Alot of things can alter goals, tactics, players, the goalkeepers ability or even having a lot of luck on ones side. You cannot expect a player to score every single goal or expect every goalkeeper to not save goal scoring opportunities.

very nice stats there dafuge, but tell me what premier league game irl do you see a team create 5 or 6 one on ones and the gk saves every one? its every game in fm

No idea really, I can't think of any teams that create that many of those types of chances.

I used to be annoyed by this, but after hearing some well-structured arguments I came to realize that it's not so unrealistic afterall, especially with average players involved.

That said, I rarely create 5 or more CCCs during a game. What I see on the screen and in the stats though, seems rather reasonable to me.

Which do you think are mine then, and which the real life club? :)
I used to be annoyed by this, but after hearing some well-structured arguments I came to realize that it's not so unrealistic afterall, especially with average players involved.

That said, I rarely create 5 or more CCCs during a game. What I see on the screen and in the stats though, seems rather reasonable to me.

Fair point, I'll see what it's like when I get a decent team together :D

Archived