help anyone?

i've just lost again :eek: , 2-1 away from home to plymouth :thdn:, they had 16 shots on goal 10 on taget, i had 10 with 2 on target :(, i played attacking and rigid, if i play attacking fluid the same happens, if i play counter, defensive, or contain again the same happens we just dont have 10 shots...do i stick it out with what i did at plymouth? i played fluid attacking football with east stirlingshire and had a win % of over 50 :) ...since i took over carlisle who are worse than skint it's a nightmare!!!

Sounds like a tactical problem if you’re unable to create enough chances to score. Do you use an exotic formation? If so, I suggest you revert to a classical tactic like the good old 4-4-2, and see what happens. The problem you have can be caused by the formation you use, players simply not good enough, bad role assigned in the individual instructions or poor training. Try to go through the different points that could cause your lack on chances:

1st. First of all, check your training; how many coaches? Do you have one coach per training section? Are your coaches of quality, how much stars do you have? Take time to build your staff, it’s one of the keys to success; make sure you have as many quality coaches as possible.

2nd. Import a training schedule such as the Tug’s training, or build one better than the “General”

3rd. Choose a tactic that works in most cases such as 4-4-2, and assign your best players to the tactic, review their highlighted abilities under “Individual instructions” >> Role.

4th. Play 4 or 5 games to see if there’s an improvement. You can still reload the game to the point before the above changes occur if you’re not sure the above can help.

Edit:

OK, you're playing 4-4-2, well try the other points

i have only ever played 4-4-2 on any football manager game, coaches are my first priority going into a club, the financial situation is not helping at all! i'm only allowed 4 coaches :(.

I try and keep things simple asthe players arent the best, going off backroom meetings and scouting reports its as if the game wants Me to change my tactics for every game, not the computer changing to combat me, my east stirling team kicked ass! yes it was scotland but i took them from scot 3rd div to scot 1st....

sorry 3 coaches, i have 1 gk coach, then 2 general..no good at all

just lossed again :( , home game against lincoln, in the league below us, JPT. HT 1-1 both teams 6 on goal, 3 on target, possesion %63 in their favour, started with balanced/control as i'm clear fave, after 25mins as they equalised went rigid att. second half rigid/control, still 4-4-2, 2-1 down after an hour so thought f*ck it, went 4-3-3 as was behind and many players were on 6?% condition, less than 10mins later straight red card, no room for manouver, lost 2-1 i had 9 on goal 4 on target, they had 10 and 5, possesion 58% in their favour.....

Try to find better coaches, if you can afford 4 then I would look for:

1. Fitness coach for both “Aerobic” and “Force”

2. Tactical coach or Shooting coach (choose the best)

3. Defending coach

4. Attacking coach

As you can’t have more than 4 coaches (including the AssMan I guess) don’t hire a GK coach, they guy will only work with 3 or 4 of your players; the goalkeepers, that’s a waste of resources. Try to hire coaches that will have an impact on most of your players, not just a few of them. If you are allowed 1 AssMan + 4 coaches then assign the training like that:

AssMan: Fitness coach; Force + Aerobic

1st coach: Tactical + general; Goalkeeper + Tactical + Ball control + Set up pieces

2nd coach: Defending: Defending

3rd coach: Attacking: Attacking

4th coach: Shooting: Shooting

AssMan: Fitness coach; Force + Aerobic

1st coach: Tactical + general; Goalkeeper + Tactical + Ball control + Set up pieces

2nd coach: Defending: Defending

3rd coach: Attacking: Attacking

4th coach: Shooting: Shooting

thats how i usually set things up, desirably with 1 for each as the board allows me to appoint, the lack of cash for wages and players is the major issue, im 2k per week in the red for wages!

Wait for the next transfer window and transfer list all the players you don’t need. Transfer listing players usually generates unrest among the players so you’ll have to transfer list your unwanted players 2-3 weeks before the next transfer window to leave enough time for other clubs to find out that you have players transfer listed. I’m afraid that’s really the only option you have left. Save your ass from relegation, sell as much players as possible and transfer all the funds to the wage budget.

I’m in the same trouble now; I’ve just got promoted to the Premiership with Hayes & Yeading United, no ground improvement so far (no cash), only improved once both Training ground and youth facilities since the BSP (no cash), I have 280K in balance (I’m dead). It’s 25th of July 2013 and I haven’t pressed the “Continue” button since this morning because I need to sell players and I don’t know who. And without FM Genie Scout 10.2 I probably won’t be able to find any good wonderkid to hire before Real Madrid or Chelsea offer him a contract.

Hold fast ‘till the end of the season trying to avoid relegation. The game is way more difficult when you don’t have the finances of Real or ManCity.

Have a look at the % of successful passes you have in average each game. If they have a higher possession, it means either you lose the ball too quickly because of high tempo, you’re playing too direct giving the ball back to the opposition as soon as you managed to get it, or your players have poor passing.

Check also the individual % of successful passing for each of your players to see if it is your defense losing the ball, the midfield or the attack.

just lost 5-0 at home, then in a game billed as carlisle set to struggle lost 4-0 away, my job was insecure before. played counter attack, short passing, passing completion 74% for both teams, its on tackles i think we are falling down, opp was 84%, ours was 54% which is sh*t, they had 20 shots 8 on, we had 8 and 2 .....not good!:( think im for the chop even though they were bottom when i took over and i saved them last season....havent been sacked since man utd on FM06 or something :eek:

i was sacked! :( not good! ended up at Burton who were in same position in league in league 2, had some room for manouvre in wage budget though plus my assistant manager actually reccomends players that will improve team, played 5, won 3, drew 2...

STILL CONCEDE GOALS WHEN IN TACTICS, I PAUSE GAME WHEN I HAVE POSSESION, IT SAYS MAKING TACTICAL CHANGES THEN I'VE CONCEDED...WHY? WHY? WHY?:confused: IT HAPPENS 75% OF TIME, 1ST HALF, 2ND HALF, EVEN IF I'VE HAD 60% OF POSSESION AND THEY HAVENT CREATED 1 CHANCE.

hehehe, well done, you might give a try at the 4-1-2-1-2 (DL-DR-DC-DC-DMC-MC-MC-AMC-ST-ST) that can be found in the Tactics forum. I kept playing with the 4-4-2 up to half of the first ever season of the club in Premiership, but had to switch to a 4-1-3-2 (DL-DR-DC-DC-DMC-MC-MC-MC-ST-ST) that helped me finish 12th (a fantastic achievement for Hayes & Yeading United).

This gave me a clue about what tactic I should choose for the next season, as I’ve noticed my midfield is by far the strongest part of my team. So I decided to change my team into a mini-Arsenal and looked for a tactic that needs strong midfielders and I found the 4-1-2-1-2 (Complete dominance 10.2) that was really close to the one I used for the last 6 months.

The result of these tactical changes is astonishing; I crushed all the teams I played during friendlies, and now after 28 Premiership games I’m 3rd with 16 wins, 6 draws and 6 defeats far behind Chelsea and Liverpool but still 3rd 10 games before the end of the season. 2 of my promising midfielders are now “wonderkids” even though one of them has only 158 PA (in previous FMs a player had to have 170 PA to become “wonderkid”). Of course, not everything is perfect as my DL and DR have awful ratings (seems like this is the weakness of my team using this tactic), and 99% of the goals I concede come from a mistake of one these players.

Pay attention that if you decide to use the 4-1-2-1-2 you'll probably need 2-3 backup midfielders, I don't know if this was caused by the tactic but I had 3 long term injury midfielders by the beginning of October, making some games difficult with midfield players around 65% fitness and only a couple of days of rest before the next game.

a minor improvement in players will also be helping and an assistant manager that recomends some good players...

have now played 14, won 10, drew 3, lost 1, +22 GD. :D

i think changing to classic has made it easier for me to get EVERY player doing the same thing bar 1 or 2...they all have everything set to team apart from my wingers, their mentality is always attacking and always alot of creative freedom....

Mentality: just off normal onto attacking

Creative freedom: Normal

Passing: Short

Tempo: Slow

Width: Normal

Closing Down: Whole pitch

Time Wasting: Sometimes

Defensive line: Push up

Tackling: Hard

Do any of you take much notice of the Media Prediction regarding final position?

Oxford says 16th, they are top on GD

Mine says 18th currently 2nd

Bristol Rovers says 10th currently 3rd

Cheltenham says 17th currently 4th

Archived