Money!!!

I posted on my thread awhile back about me losing tons of money too quickly. this is like an update:p this is fm09

I'm with Braintree BSS, and have too huge a salary for my budget. It seems inevitable not to lose all the money as I can not release my high earners as that would KILL my balance. I tried selling them to other clubs for 0$ but none bit. I have signed people to contracts as I thought the money would be gone soon anyway. Right now, after starting with 60,000$, I have 4,000$.

How can I start gaining money again? If I can't what will happen? Is it that bad having a new board where you have to sell more? (i bet you can tell i'm a noob;))

thanks for any help

I have already entered the regular season so i'm skeptical to do a friendly. and would that help long-term?

for some reason i can't do that but i only have 1k in there. to make sure we're talking about the same place, and to where I do it, where would you do that?

In your board room. You probably wont be able to adjust budgets being in the BSS. You'll be fine if you go into the red, just dont go TOO much into the red! Lower league is a financial nightmare, just like real life.

Arranging a couple of pre-season friendlies with bigger teams will get you a cash boost. Either that, or ask for a parent club. They will be bigger than you and will send some of their fringe/young players to you and pay the wages for you. You can also ask to loan players from them and they are more likely to accept paying the wages.

I've been in the red by 400K in BSP and didn't had a takeover, do as baker.simon says. I organize as much friendlies as I can as soon as the season starts on the 25th of June. I organize one friendly per day if I can, I don't care about my players starting the match with 50% fitness, in the BSP they were crap anyway. Your players will have a very low morale, so if this annoys you, just make your starting eleven play a few games and play useless players for all the others. I'm now in the Championship and earned €1M with friendlies. In the BSP I managed to make about €300K, which was 1.5 times my season wage budget, quite useful these friendlies.

so what would I do if I would get to far down in red if anything?

and before all this happened I did an affilliation with mk dons giving me 9.77k annually with one loan person.

You do run the risk of administration. Saying that though, you only have to look at the news and you'll see lower league clubs struggling financially. It is common to run through the season losing money every month so dont worry about it too much. You just need to make sure the success balances out the losses. More success = more money.

Lower league managment is not easy - far from it. Fair play for starting off down there as noob ;):thup:

"I've been in the red by 400K in BSP and didn't had a takeover, do as baker.simon says. I organize as much friendlies as I can as soon as the season starts on the 25th of June. I organize one friendly per day if I can, I don't care about my players starting the match with 50% fitness, in the BSP they were crap anyway. Your players will have a very low morale, so if this annoys you, just make your starting eleven play a few games and play useless players for all the others. I'm now in the Championship and earned €1M with friendlies. In the BSP I managed to make about €300K, which was 1.5 times my season wage budget, quite useful these friendlies."

huh ok that will be good i guess. it just seems like you shouldn't have to do that.

did your players get hurt a lot tho?

ah yeah, another piece of advice; never sign long term contracts bellow the CCL1, 2 years, 3 max for the really good players. Don't worry; nobody will try to sign your players anyway!

that makes sense

thanks for all the help guys:thup::D

Archived