Would you be able to sign a player without WP if you have affiliate club in sweden

• 2 months later...

This is something I've always wondered as well, but I almost always have a specific feeder club for wp.

@shels. I think OP means he knows a wp is needed but needs to know if he can loan to an affiliate that is not a wp feeder club (probably just an international loan link)

IRL this wouldn't be an issue but not sure whether FM will notice that the feeder club is not for work permits

It doesnt matter where the affiliate club is from because he is signing for the parent team first and thus needs a WP

Actually no you don't need to have a WP. You can sign a player without a WP as long as you have one WP affiliate club. I believe you can loan out a player to a non WP affiliate club but they would have to apply for a WP for that country.

You can buy them then they are unable to play for you, but you can loan them out to your feeder club to get a WP for about 3 years

i cannot sign when playing with newcastle, saying that because he didn;t have work permit.

i do have affiliate club in sweden, but the club benefit is intl loan, not work permit.

The game doesn't allow you to sign a player without a wp unless you have a wp feeder.

If you did have the wp feeder you could still send the player to Sweden but it would take longer for him to get Swedish citizenship. In certain countries it only takes 3 years (belgium, poland and some others)

Archived