Excessive wages

So with Patch 10.2 and decide to head for the lower leagues and end up as manager of Lewes.

Wages budget is 1600 per week but I'm spending 1900 so my first task is to reduce that some. I take a look at my squad and they are all part-time on 20 - 80 per week except for the Player/Coach who is on 1000 per week :eek:

Is this for real? A BS South player on 1000 a week? Seems unlikely doesn't it? And despite the usual line of how all the staff are prepared to accept mutual termination when I propose it to this guy, he says no and he's hurt...lol

Anyone else come across this and is there any way out except to give him a Free Transfer?

I tried offering him to clubs but there was no interest.

If he's really bad and you want rid of him then just keep trying it.

You could try offering him a contract as coach only, rather than player/coach, as that may reduce his wage demands. (or as player only)

If he's really bad and you want rid of him then just keep trying it.

You could try offering him a contract as coach only, rather than player/coach, as that may reduce his wage demands. (or as player only)

Tried that, but he still wanted more money than the board would allow. Also tried offering him a player contract but same result.

Mutual termination for staff members is not relevant when they also have a playing contract i'm afraid.

I see. But shouldn't I at least be able to have him re-sign as a player only given that the 'staff have agreed to accept mutual termination' (and he really is a crap coach...lol).

Is this particular situation rooted in reality? Does Cullip really have this type of contract with Lewes or is it just random when a new game is generated?

Archived