Does the financial system work as time goes by?

Hey folks,

For those who've played 5 seasons or more - does the financial system work realistically? Especially 10 seasons on?

-Was wondering whether the existing clubs continue as the financial powerhouses?

-Are there many (any?) takeovers/new investors that successfully push smaller clubs up the leagues?

-Am worried by the amount of debt lots of clubs are carrying - please tell me that everyone doesn't go bust in 2017?

-What about the smaller clubs? League 2 and down but especially bsn/bss or tiers7 and 8 if anyone is playing that low?

-Still plenty of reasonably big transfers going on 10 years in? A good number or transfers generally?

Any info would be much appreciated :) Trying to decide whether or not i need to get in there and edit the database...

m

Im eight years in a few really interesting things have happened. For one it seems that no one can save west ham's finances, they have had three takeovers but keep falling further in debt. In spain though Valencia and Villareal were taken over by tycoons and they are now challenging Madrid and Barca regularly.

Its also not surprising to see either Man Utd or Liverpool going into administration. If Liverpool miss out on the champions league then they are on shaky ground, and Man Utd always go downhill when Fergie retires.

Very realistic I would say. Liverpool could be in trouble if they don't qualify for next seasons Champions League and will probably have to sell before they buy.

And Man Utd will have to make sure they get the right appointment when Fergie retires, and even if they do, I can't see him having nowhere near the amount of success Fergie has had, even if he got as long in the job, which is very unlikely.

IMO, Jose Mourinho is the only man capable of following Fergie, but I think they will end up appointing Steve Bruce or Martin O'Neill, possibly even David Moyes.

Archived