How can I control my teams discipline?

What is your tackling set to? And what's the average agression stat of your players?

If you have your tackling set to agressive or have a lot of agressive players in your team then you're going to get a lot of cards, and fouls against.

Try toning down your tackling, and getting overly agressive players to learn the 'does not dive into tackles' prefered move.

I usually have this issue when having nervous players. Have a look at your previous games and replay the highlights to have before anything else a good idea of what happened. Bad team talks usually make some players nervous, strikers missing easy chances, sending the ball above the roof, defenders tackling the player instead of the ball, back passing for the GK but inaccurately. Once you’ve watched the replay of the penalty or red card look at the team talk history to see if there’s a correlation. I have no real proof of what I say; I just noticed I had such discipline issues when asking too much from my team during team talks.

The only trick I found to avoid troubles with players going crazy in match, I always keep an eye on the commentary, if ever I read “PlayerName really seems nervous today” I substitute the player right away, because a striker will just miss everything and defenders and midfielders will get a red card in the next 10 minutes.

Archived